Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tracypj
New Member!
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:06 PM

Introducing my Border Collies

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum (have already posted my intro in the intro section) and thought I would share pics of the now two dogs in mine and the OH's lives.

This is Holly. She's 6 and a proper princess unless you have a Kong in which case she's hard as nails We've had her since she was 10 months old and she was the companion dog to our older dog who sadly died 2 years ago.

The handsome chap on the pic underneath is Toby. He's our latest addition, and we got him yesterday from a rescue where he'd been screaming the place down for over a month . We've been told he's 10, but although he's greying, he act more like he's 7 or 8 - I've certainly never had a dog as bouncy as him!

This was taken just after we'd got him home and washed him.

T xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Lovely guys

New guy looks sweet
xxx
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Gorgeous dogs. My 12.5 year old boy is still very active, in fact he's just started flyball after retiring from agilty! My 15.5 year old boy started slowing down about a year ago, so you've got a good few years with your new boy.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Gorgeous dogs!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Lovely boy, they often knock 2 years off in rescues so maybe........

Have fun with him.

rune
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Both gorgeous, glad he's settling in with you, looks like a happy chappy, is your princess keeping him inline?
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Lovely dogs!
tracypj
New Member!
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Both gorgeous, glad he's settling in with you, looks like a happy chappy, is your princess keeping him inline?
Hi,

No, Holly is a bit miffed we've brought him home. She loved him when she met him and put him in his place, but when we got in the car to go home she was mortified that he was coming. It didn't help that he mounted her all the way home....

She's just ignoring him at the moment and he seems to be leaving her alone. The only thing she's really unhappy about is that when they play and she gets the ball/stick etc he barks right in her face so she drops whatever she's holding and he gets it.

I'm sure they'll sort it out. She was never top dog with our old one, and certainly knows we're top in the family. It may just be that she's happy not being the top dog. I don't know. As longs as I've not ruined her life getting Toby, I'll be happy

Toby is currently at the vet's being neutered. Maybe this will stop the woofing when we go out, or stand still for too long, and it may focus his mind on what he's meant to be doing. He has a history of running away, but I'm hoping this was down to hating his last place (he was just left in the garden all day with nothing to do), and he might not want to roam as far...

Honestly, I feel like I've never owned a dog before, as it's so long since we've had a new member of the family.....

T xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Lovely looking collies, both of them I look forward to seeing more pics and hearing how Toby settles in. I am sure he and Holly will be best mates before too long.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by tracypj View Post
Hi,

No, Holly is a bit miffed we've brought him home. She loved him when she met him and put him in his place, but when we got in the car to go home she was mortified that he was coming. It didn't help that he mounted her all the way home....

She's just ignoring him at the moment and he seems to be leaving her alone. The only thing she's really unhappy about is that when they play and she gets the ball/stick etc he barks right in her face so she drops whatever she's holding and he gets it.

I'm sure they'll sort it out. She was never top dog with our old one, and certainly knows we're top in the family. It may just be that she's happy not being the top dog. I don't know. As longs as I've not ruined her life getting Toby, I'll be happy

Toby is currently at the vet's being neutered. Maybe this will stop the woofing when we go out, or stand still for too long, and it may focus his mind on what he's meant to be doing. He has a history of running away, but I'm hoping this was down to hating his last place (he was just left in the garden all day with nothing to do), and he might not want to roam as far...

Honestly, I feel like I've never owned a dog before, as it's so long since we've had a new member of the family.....

T xx
It will all work itself out, these things usually do.

I hope Toby being neutered helps the barking and running off - but I would imagine that the barking could well be ingrained as a habit now However, if he never had any proper stimulation in his previous homes and has spent the last few months in kennels, it may just have started through boredom. Now he has a pal to play with and hopefully plenty of exercise and mental stimulation, I am sure he will be a happier dog all round.

Is your garden nice and secure, so he won't have a chance to run off?

Good luck with him - he looks gorgeous.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >