View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 03:55 PM

Interesting identification there - this apparently is an "bleeping big rottweiler"!

Just actually rang the local comp (considering it's one of the "good" ones I'm actually quite shocked by it all) to complain about some of their kids' behaviour... had the misfortune to get stuck behind them walking home. First we had ye olde game of fling yer bag into people's gardens and jump over fences, then lobbing stones off people's driveways around all the cars... which isn't on anyway, but is the kind of thing kids do when acting like plonkers.

Then we get "oh look at that ****ing bird with that ****ing big rottweiler." Would have felt threatened, were it not for the fact that the dog looks nothing on this planet like a rottweiler... he's got collie fur and only rotty eyebrows!

The savage, killer Rottweiler. Was very nice to the school (I'm actually incredibly angry considering some of their stone throwing came very near me... made a point of walking PAST my house so that if it is followed up by the school - I doubt it somehow - they haven't got the exact house I live in), but did suggest they might want to work on the kids knowing one end of a dog from the other.
MINIMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2011, 05:13 PM
This is the same scinario close to thousands of secondary schools throughout the UK - sadly....But if you ever passed these teens on their own you will probably find that most of them are terrified of your dog - whatever the breed, because the education they are listening to is that dogs are dangerous and will attack anyone. Unfortunately some of them are also the ones that grow up to own 'status' dogs - which will probably end up attacking someone - it's the owners falt.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Cute dog! Looks a bit terrierish!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 02:45 PM
I think I've got more rottweiler in me than that dog has!

Too late for me now -, WHY I didn't think of this before I don't know - but anyone who's being harassed by youths might be interested in this:
Mini Digital video Camera
I've also found them for less than half that price on Ebay.

It couldn't be used as evidence in a court, but police and schools would be able to identify the youths involved and something could be done. The problem I had with the local gangs where I used to live wasn't able to be sorted by the police because I simply didn't know who they were. I did try taking photos of the "Perps" but they were usually too far away/hidden out of range.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Hah the vets thought it was hilarious last night when I said the rottweiler was here for his appointment. Caused much hilarity in the waiting room.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Lol, well I've seen someone say to me that I tiny Lurcher, I would guess Whippet cross terrier had Rottie in it, because they are the only dogs to carry them markings .