Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I havent even started yet

but I did cook the liver a wee while ago, so no excuse not to get on with it tomorrow...lol
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
OOoooohhh Shona - once you start you wn't be able to stop.

Zane has mastered high 5s. He did it at training tonight cos he thought it would g4et him extra treats. i could't beleive what I was seeing as I hadn't asked him to do it (we were supposed to be doing send aways at the time!).

Tomorrow I'll work with Ellie again and may (depending how he is) work a little with Yiannis. Or I may just leave him be for a couple of days.

Laura xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
to embed youtube videos yuse the following code:

[ youtube ] the string of numbers and letters at the end of the videos address jk-iJ8t5aGY [ /youtube ] - take out spaces.

so your video then would be

Gosh! She's just as bright as a button isn't she! Loving the clicker too..
ahh thankyou so much - I had tried everything I could think of

She is a smarty pants - will do anything for food!! I have been so lazy with her compared to Ben when I had had him that long - but she is picking up things much faster
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't really hold out much hope for getting Eddy to touch something... but I'll try!

Takara already learned wave but it does need a lot of practice! So we'll get practising - she's not really done it since we sat outside the shop waving at people on the bus across the road!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Todays update is I didn't have as much time!!!
BUT Cosmo can touch a football with one paw with ease...and is mastering a wave.

Tango...well she's still working on giving a paw! I decided to teach a down whilst I was at it and she did much better with that (seriously she has no down going on at all.) So in fairness to my pretty one she has made progress today. I am hoping that she will gain confidence learning the down....and that will have a knock on effect on the paw...but don't hold your breath!!!!
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Yes, Ramble.... as the dogs learn to learn, it'll all become easier...
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Day 2

We've revised the paw (right) on cue...

Then I wanted Ben to put a paw on an object.,, I found a shallow plastic tray (for knick knacks), and put it on the floor... I c/t'ed a few times, when Ben was just looking at it, then for sniffing it, and then I waited while Ben was walking around it, and his foot accidentally hit it - c/t! After hitting it accidentally a few times, Ben got the message... Foot (either) on the target = c/t.. I moved it around the room, and each time Ben went to paw it...
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Right, my 1st vid so excuse the quality

Have already done about 6 5min goes with Mia on this in the past - free shaped her to touch the lid with her paws, then left paw only then left paw lieing down
Today she managed to cross the paw over! - really chuffed with her cos that is the difficult step when they both tried just touching it with the right paw cos it was closer - thats why I do a little bit of having the lid ontop of the other paw

and you can see the bit where she gets the wrong paw and then figures it out
she is such a smart cookie - she was scared of the clicker when I got her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-iJ8t5aGY

(BTW how can you embed the youtube file rather than just the link??)
Loved your video... your timing was mostly very good... thankfully our dogs are very forgiving, when we slip up... 5 minute sessions are all our dogs can comfortably handle without loosing interests... If the c/t's are not coming really fast, it's just no fun... Not for the dog and not for the trainer.

Most animals are afraid of the clicker at first, but we can put it behind our backs, in a pocket etc... to keep it out of sight as well as keeping the noise down...

Chet Womack started selling clicker training stuff for dogs on the internet... and did, as many people do, pointed the clicker at the dog (his new puppy) - like a gun... I got my money back!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Ooh i missed this, will have a go with Amy later today
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 06:55 AM
We've had our second session today... switching right to left foot.. Giving Paw...

The right one is Paw, the left one is Foot... Ben got it in 5 minutes... Of course this needs to be proofed over the last days of the challenge...

I used my right hand to get Ben to use his left foot quite a few times, before I put a cue on it... Ben learned yesterday, that I wanted him to give me his right paw... I had to ignore that, and encourage him to give me his left one...

After he had a cue on both, he was probably 80% reliable...

Tomorrow we'll do both paws and the object on the floor...
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »