View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2008, 05:45 PM
These cars have become emblems of all our environmental crimes. They represent 7.5% of the UK car market and 100% of British car loathing. The very idea that in town, or even in the country, anybody should use a car in which all four wheels are driven is regarded as a crime comparable to logging the rainforests or clubbing seals.

This paragraph was taken from your own post Jenny and yet you don't think it's just a little OTT
It's amazing that so few vehicles, many of which are used by the disabled etc. can cause such unreasonable hatred.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by jenny tamworth View Post
no i have brown eyes, and no need to drive around town in a great big truck

Oh they weren't my words I was just quoting the report you partially quoted

The author is chief executive of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
These cars have become emblems of all our environmental crimes. They represent 7.5% of the UK car market and 100% of British car loathing. The very idea that in town, or even in the country, anybody should use a car in which all four wheels are driven is regarded as a crime comparable to logging the rainforests or clubbing seals.

This paragraph was taken from your own post Jenny and yet you don't think it's just a little OTT
It's amazing that so few vehicles, many of which are used by the disabled etc. can cause such unreasonable hatred.
i was just quoting an article from the sunday times
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Again ill repeat myself from post 132..

Those who are so self righteous and arguing about green this and that - what have you done to be eco friendly apart from already own a car that just so happens to fall under the goverment emissions bands? green up your house? Green up the way you live? Do you still use plastic bags? Oh how about holidays?
Unless you are little miss eco wonderwoman, I think you need to step down from your pedistal - im getting a cranky neck - and stop being so hypocritical.

Furthermore, im thinking the snobbery and looking down isnt coming from the 4X4 owners
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Some people on here are rude! So what if people want to have Range Rovers, just to drive to the shop? It's like questioning someone living in a big house when they have a small family or live alone. It's none of anyone else's business what car another person drives, mind your own business. If anyone tried to question me about my choice of car and why I need to drive it they'd get an up middle finger.
I for one am certainly not telling anybody what they can drive if they so wish, all I'm saying is I don't like the attitude of some of them behind that great big wheel!! I wouldn't tell somebody what to wear if it was their choice, but I could tell them I didn't like it couldn't I???? Or maybe I couldn't then If somebody asked me whether I liked something or NOT, I could say not, and then if they asked my WHY, I could say why I didn't like it? They don't mean to say they wouldn't wear it just coz I didn't like it would they! It's called having an opinion on something, or have I missed something here?

The thread was put up asking WHY people hated 4 x 4's and some of us have voiced our opinion as to WHY. We're not in any way saying you shouldn't have one, just that some of us don't like them and what they stand for on our roads, which I can't go into again, I haven't got the enthusiasm I had when I started!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2008, 05:59 PM
i was just quoting an article from the sunday times

Yes, but this was part of the article and frankly it points out very well just how OTT peoples reactions to 4x4 are when they are such are small portion of the total vehicles on the road and many belong to the disabled.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I for one am certainly not telling anybody what they can drive if they so wish, all I'm saying is I don't like the attitude of some of them behind that great big wheel!! I wouldn't tell somebody what to wear if it was their choice, but I could tell them I didn't like it couldn't I???? Or maybe I couldn't then If somebody asked me whether I liked something or NOT, I could say not, and then if they asked my WHY, I could say why I didn't like it? They don't mean to say they wouldn't wear it just coz I didn't like it would they! It's called having an opinion on something, or have I missed something here?

The thread was put up asking WHY people hated 4 x 4's and some of us have voiced our opinion as to WHY. We're not in any way saying you shouldn't have one, just that some of us don't like them and what they stand for on our roads, which I can't go into again, I haven't got the enthusiasm I had when I started!!!
No I battered you into submission yesterday, but H at least you saw the funny side of it Nothing like a good ruck
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Malady the original post said Jeep Drivers hated why????

all i have posted is relevant to the original post, so what is your problem.
Because an opinion should not include INSULTS !!!

An opinion would be saying "I think they are less economical, and the drivers I have met havn't been courteous, so making it look bad for all of them etc"

Instead you chose to post :

"You are all snobs, that need to feel superior, your parking is all rubbish, you cant' park properly, your driving is terrible and you are destroying the planet"

They way and tone in which you posted is personal and insulting, THAT'S My problem !!!

You are rude, obnoxious, self righteous and down right insulting.

There is a difference in not liking certain vehicles, but YOU have been personal here to a lot of the drivers, that is not the vehicle you are attacking, but US as human beings !

What a shame no-one ever taught you how to behave like one !

By the way.....did you just join this forum to have a go at people as you've contributed nothing else to the entire DOG forum, except to post on this thread attacking people !
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Time, ladies, please!

Snorri
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I'm def gonna have to join this exclusive club by taking oh's out more often,then I can sit high up,look down my nose and wave to all the peasants, Only kidding, xxxxxx
Brilliant I Love Your Style but will I be one of the peasants =^..^=

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 >