Female 

04-07-2005, 07:37 PM
A politician admitting they were wrong! - no wonder he never made PM
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
What a really sad case poor dog.

Does anyone know if the dog was out without its owner and not muzzled? There is a bull terrier in our area who is frequently allowed out by his owners to take his own walks alone
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
opps just posted a thread about this, sorry
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Its just a shame!!!!!!!!!!
The poor dog has done nothing wrong apart from been a PBT and so must lose it life where is the right in that!
Australia is getting as bad
Cruz(Aust Ch Lowdina Glaucus)a bull terrier,his litter sister and aunt were coming back from a specialty show in Victoria but at Melbourne airport the handlers loading the plane for Qantas had lift the covers off the dogs crates and classed them as PBTs and never put them on the plane nor were we notifiy that the dogs weren't on the flight with us.
It wasn't until we went over to pick the dogs up that we were told that the dogs were still in Melbourne. It was only luck that Graeme&Adele were coming on the next flight and was able to stay with the dogs and made sure that they were safe
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 07:09 AM
perhaps we could do a pettition to send to 10 downing street of something . thses laws are draconian .. and should they choose who knows what breeds may be affected next ,
poor tyson . sleep with the angels !
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
A politician admitting they were wrong! - no wonder he never made PM
It doesn't seem to be a trait that comes easily to PMs, does it?

Petition? Good idea! One of these days, I'll have to mail my MP with a list of things that p*ss me off about this country. Might make me feel better anyway.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Just because his owner didn't put his muzzle on! I makes you realise just how dependant your dog is on you, If it wants to pee, it has to wait for you, if it's hungry it has to wait for you to feed it, if it is feeling sick, it has to wait for you to help it, we are our dogs voices, they cannot speak up for themselves, we do it for them..It just shows how vunerable a dog is, depending entirely on it's owner...Thanks to this owner, that poor boy is now at rainbow bridge..

Run Free little Tyson...
deva
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2005, 11:15 AM
It's definately beyond the time this law should have been revoked. If anyone is organising a petition I'll definately sign it. It makes me so mad - and instead of learning by their mistakes, they still keep trying to add other dogs to it.

I do agree that there are dangerous dogs out there, but they come in all shapes and sizes and for some, unfortunately, there may be no other action to take but pts. BUT...they should take each case on its own merit, after an attack has been committed - and decide on the course of action depending on the attack - not to just rely on this whole attitude that just because it's a certain breed it's dangerous so has to die, regardless of temperament.

I'm not sure where this poor dog was confiscated, but something to be aware of that I wasn't until I read about it - during all the DDA hullabaloo a 'pit bull type' was confiscated, up on death row and subsequently 'destroyed' for being out in public without his muzzle on - another one that had never harmed anyone - and where was this public place? The back seat of the owner's car! So, I agree if the owner did have it running out in the park or whatever, it was highly stupid and irresponsible considering the law (although I think it's more ridiculous having to keep dogs onlead and muzzled when they're not at all aggressive), but personally I would never have thought the inside of my car was a public place. It's just all so bloody ridiculous.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2005, 01:54 PM
how would we go about setting up a web petition ? we are all over the world here on this site .so obviously we couldnt sign in person ! or do we make up a page and take to the streets each in our home towns send them to 1 central place to be put together then organise a en mass trip to downing st ..
craig
Dogsey Junior

19-07-2005, 07:26 PM
it gets me very very angery, poor tyson
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3