Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:12 AM

Please dont think i am bad!

Hi

I have to say as i feel i can say on here without people being nasty

5 weeks ago bessie was in heat and to be honest we did not think that borris could mate or reach bessie! but throu pure ignorance and we really didnt think he could do it, they locked! to our horror! well it was my birthday and i had not be away for a while and was offered to stay at my mates for the weekend! i help care for my mum as she has a very bad back and my dad is also disabled and help care for him! but they made me go away!

so on the sunday borris had been locked away from bessie ever since as we did not want puppies to borris was old enough and was starting to re think him as a sire and use another staffie!
so my younger bro is looking after borris, and dad lets bessie out the garden and all of sudden borris gets out and they lock again! so upset by this as is my family! we did not want pups yet! i was away the second time so i was shocked to learn, but how can i blame my parents!

well bessie is pregnant and she is 5 weeks in to it!

I swear down this was an accident and i did not want anyone to think that we did this on purpose! I stress this is an accident!

we have had bessie health checked and she is 21 months old and she is a pictie of health and temp is sound!

we book borris in to have a health check as far as a 6 month old pup could! and the vets says he is healthy!

thank god!
I wont give bessie a an abortion! im sorry but i just wont!

as soon as bessie has had the litter, as soon as she can she is going to be spayed and borris for the chop! we dont want this happening again! we did intend to breed bessie but when it was her next season in october and with borris, but was starting to re think it!

people already wanted bessie pups and so there are homes and have spoken to them, we are not selling them either, all we ask for is a pint of milk! we are not doing it for money!

I am sitting here crying because this is the one place i dont want people to think i am so bad person, because i cant stess enough how much this was an accident!

I love my dogs more than life!!

Hayley xx please do not think of me bad!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi Staffymad don't worry,we won't all think you are a bad person, accidents happen sometimes and when they do you just have to get on and do the best you can. Many here will help you and advise when Bessie is due ((hug))
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:29 AM
ohh ty mini xxxx big hug back, well first tie was 22nd april, day after my 20th, and the 2nd 24th, so end of june begin of july
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Hi Hayley

I don't think your a bad person, *hugs*. Sometimes things 'happen', you thought everything would be ok and you did your best to make sure it would be. Under the circumstances and pressure I bet you needed your break!

Ok, so we live and learn and I'm sure you have In addition, thanks for being brave enough to share this as hopefully, people in a similar-ish position will now know not to leave even the slightest risk, as as we've seen here, (and many times before), the dogs just find a way! Almost like a lazer guided missile!

Now that you've made your choice not to abort, I'm sure you'll be a busy bee reading up on everything you need to and making sure you will be well equipped for the big day get some good books and start enquiring about homes for the pups.

I'm sure there are plenty of Dogwebbers who will help you if you get stuck
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Staffiemad you are a bad bad person... For not telling us it was your birthday anyway

Accidents happen. One of our dogs used to always be round at the next door neighbours one eyed dog (no accounting for taste ) when she came into season. We always got the 'morning after' injection and thankfully were always lucky and never ended up with pups. After about the 4th time we had her spayed

Anyway, I'm sure most people here will be happy that there will be lots of pup photos coming

Good luck with Bessie

Graeme
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:36 AM
hi eraze ty! xx

yes been reading loads and mum and dad bred our lurcher beanie!! so she knows what 2 do but i am going to be doing it! because mum will help as much as she can as will dad, but its me who will have to do most! i have ordered books off amzon! manic internet reading!

I am scared, an now you lot know and not going to think i am a bad person, i have so many questions to ask! so sorry if i ask loads and loads!

i do hope people will see that a 5 month old pup can sire, because i didnt know till it happened!!

ty

hayley xxx
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Graeme
Staffiemad you are a bad bad person... For not telling us it was your birthday anyway

Accidents happen. One of our dogs used to always be round at the next door neighbours one eyed dog (no accounting for taste ) when she came into season. We always got the 'morning after' injection and thankfully were always lucky and never ended up with pups. After about the 4th time we had her spayed

Anyway, I'm sure most people here will be happy that there will be lots of pup photos coming

Good luck with Bessie

Graeme
Ty graeme, lol yes was my bday! sorry for not telling lol!

ty graeme and will show loads of photos when the pups arrive and i am sure they will be beautiful!

forgot to say azz,

we rang the friends and family who wanted bessie pups and told them do they mind having the pup earlier than planned, all said of course not, and they still want pups, we have 5 homes! so dont know how many pups will have, but if more then we will start putting the word about!

we wanted the pups to got to people we know as we dont want the pups in thw wrong hands, also told the 5 homes that if they have to give up the pup once they have it, them come straight back to us and i will rehome them!

Its very hard, as i love my family and i will care for them including my dogs, i am so scared and worried!

hayleyxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Hayley make sure you buy 'The book of the Bitch' and soon..it will tell you all you need to know, are you absolutely sure your old dog did not get to Bessie ? Although the pup tied he still may not be the sire..
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 12:45 AM
I have to say I wondered about a 3rd party getting in on the act too :smt017

Graeme
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:47 AM
for sure beanie didnt get cus he has had the chop! i swear the first time i looked away for 2 mins and that was it, borris did not even show any intrest before that!

i will buy that book tonight! ty minihaha! if i could get the rep box to come up i woild give u a rep point, but i cant lol!! ty for your help!

so happy no one had a go at me like the other forums, just shows this is the best place to be!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »