Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong here Eunice Dave just said again, the reason it's worse when you put petrol in a diesel car is because the petrol rots everything in the diesel engine, whereas deisel in a petrol is not as bad. I take it he knows coz he's been in the business for over 35 years and has seen the evidence time and time again
Well H AllI can say is my car is still going okay and it's a Diesel and the Garage told us that it it had been a petrol and we put diesel in that it would have rotted everything so we will just have to agree to diagree on ths one , or else next week the engine will fall out of my car. Oh god I hope notLOL
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Lol! Dave says it doesn't do them any favours either way, BUT, it tends to feck up deisels more than it does petrols! So your garage was right and so is Dave!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol! Dave says it doesn't do them any favours either way, BUT, it tends to feck up deisels more than it does petrols! So your garage was right and so is Dave!

and in a roundabout way H then so was I Aw well no need to go out and buy a new car that's a relief
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks everybody

I'm afraid I did it worst way (petrol in diesel). The car has been towed, and the garage will take the fuel system apart.

The have to because if any occurs it may be calimed that they didn't clean it properly. We didn't start the engine, and in my opinion, all that is needed is to drain the tank, unfortunately - my ability to convince OH of anything right now is zero.

Nav
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2008, 07:17 PM
If it was my car, you'd be sleeping in it.

But, I think flowers, dinner, jewellery, perfume and a months of having the washing up done might just bring me round.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes my OH has done this as well. It was late at night and the taxi home cost us €40. The car being repaired cost €260 plus an awful lot of earache for the OH
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I have put diesel in a petrol car, no idea how because it was at my usual petrol station etc. It was a Peugeot 407 and cost me about £100, luckily the garage was just over the road, but I had started it and I did drive it.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Thanks everybody

I'm afraid I did it worst way (petrol in diesel). The car has been towed, and the garage will take the fuel system apart.

The have to because if any occurs it may be calimed that they didn't clean it properly. We didn't start the engine, and in my opinion, all that is needed is to drain the tank, unfortunately - my ability to convince OH of anything right now is zero.

Nav
if it hasn;t been started then it should be ok they will just drain it out.....
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I once filled the petrol can with diesel for the mower, OH put it in, never thought owt of it, he has no sense of smell, started her, after a few chugs it stopped he couldnt restart her, took the engine apart drained the fuel still nothing, I took the can of Diesel back to the garage gave him a piece of my mind for selling dirty fuel, then he said of my mistake changes the fuel for me or what was left of it, and the mower never started again, it gave up the ghost cost us £150+ to replace and my excuse for that was it was the day after my big zoey died and my head was else where, all he said was oh well could have happend to anyone.
Buy her a bunch of flower's and tell her a dirty joke make her laugh and tell her we all make mistakes in life.
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Teddysmum View Post
If it was my car, you'd be sleeping in it.

But, I think flowers, dinner, jewellery, perfume and a months of having the washing up done might just bring me round.
A whole month Its not like I did it on purpose

Nav
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >