Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2010, 07:19 PM

Dog walking groups- Wirral Cheshire.

Hi all, it's a long shot, but does anyone know of any dog walking groups based on the Wirral (Cheshire)?
Zara, my German Shepherd is still missing some social skills (due to a leg injury when she was young, she missed out on playing and mixing with other dogs etc).
She is attending training classes, but really needs to mix with other dogs a bit more, some group walking would be great for her.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any socialization classes for dogs? (Not puppies, Zara is 21 months old now).

Many thanks for any help!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 08:31 PM
If you google both big gsd and gsdfanatics and post on those sites, I am sure there will be other walkers in your area who would be happy to meet up for walks.

You could also put a thread in the dog walks section of Dogsey to see if you have others in your area.

Good luck.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Zara's_Momma View Post
Hi all, it's a long shot, but does anyone know of any dog walking groups based on the Wirral (Cheshire)?
Zara, my German Shepherd is still missing some social skills (due to a leg injury when she was young, she missed out on playing and mixing with other dogs etc).
She is attending training classes, but really needs to mix with other dogs a bit more, some group walking would be great for her.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any socialization classes for dogs? (Not puppies, Zara is 21 months old now).

Many thanks for any help!
i live on the wirral and have 3 dogs i've not heard of any dog walking groups although it's not that hard to organise through various forums i should'nt think! unfortunatly i dont drive so im stuck in wallasey mostly
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 08:31 AM
There is a big GSD training group on the Wirral isn't there? Think this is it..
http://www.wats.org.uk/

You could ask them?
Erical Peachey is an excellent trainer and she teaches in the Hoylake area. Check her details on :
http://www.apdt.co.uk/trainers_area.asp?area=Merseyside

Hope that helps a bit
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks so much for the help guys! I will be sure to ask on both of those forums x
tracky
New Member!
Female 

28-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Zara's_Momma View Post
Thanks so much for the help guys! I will be sure to ask on both of those forums x
where on the wirral are you i live in eastham and i go to eastham woods where i meet loads of doggies who are friendly hope this helps