View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 11:54 AM
So not only do you spoil them Griff, they like to spoil you too. Gosh it is horrible here with wet .......miserable!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Afternoon all!

My son's staying with me at the moment, so what with the extra cooking, gadding about and him doing some repair work in the house, I've only had time to lurk!

It's raining here today, and Madam can't make up her mind whether she wants to be in or out but at least the little black devil is quite certain he'd rather spend his time snoozing in my armchair.

Dark here at 4 pm and snow forecast for this evening and tomorrow ... ah well! That's what happens when you decide to live in deepest darkest Hungary!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

PS I also noticed a certain person has graced us with her presence again ... what makes us all so irresistible I wonder ???
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 02:08 PM
I thought here was bad enough. Shall be glad when the dark evenings start to spread out again. Take care of yourself in the snow, not everyone's cup of tea.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Stopped raining about 11 am, took Cariad and Lona for a walk round and then took Mabs, Kesh and Zen onto the country park. Absolute mud bath on the tow path, not too bad once we got there. Hardly anyone about, one guy playing ball with his collie using a chukka, so Zen had to involve herself, he was fine and thought she was very funny. She did come back when I called her, ran off after them again, came straight back when I recalled her. She's been really good. I kept her on lead whilst we went past a field where there's often sheep, that runs down to the canal, couldn't see any, but not worth risking it. Let her offlead and straight away Mabs ran her into a patch of bullrushes in the canal. No idea what she'd done wrong, unless it was a case of Do As You're Told Today Or Else. Once she'd had her card marked by her mother, Zen was on best behaviour I think
Norma is Bumblesnout still on Work Experience or is she fully fledged now. My kitchen is the same as yours, a sea of mud
Having a very welcome butty and mug of tea. Given yard a good hosing down, cleaned kennels and fresh dry bedding in. They're having veal necks for tea so thats nice and easy Could do with a siesta, my back and knees are hurting and all round my shoulders. Roll on some dry weather I'm always less stiff and sore then
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 03:32 PM
I know June, likewise here, just walked Amber out in the rain peeing down doesn't help your joints. I am now watching the Champions Snooker with John Higgins and Ronnie O'sullivan. Got a slow crockpost of beef stew with lots of veggies in. Might go and get a bowl full in a little while.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 04:33 PM
Afternoon all hope you are all well. Not done a thing but sleep got a cold in the background incubating I think and working nights means I am just shattered. Having a curry and rice (homemade) tonight then work for 8.

June I am thinking my recent back injury, could be going your way achey in the damp weather. My Sciatica is really playing me up and being on my feet for 10hours+ is taking it out of me.

Mom despite being pretty much totally blind now has just completed her 15th knitted poppy all for the close family to wear year in year out.......she is now planning on knitting for the next generation who have not yet been thought of (apart from by mom) she drops stitches because she can't see them. Until she gets further down and feels them.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Bless your Mum Kazz, she is doing well to still be knitting like that. My fingers hurt so much when I knit or crochet that I have more or less given it up.
Well tomorrows lunch has all been prepped so I can spend time with the family tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2016, 06:52 PM
I've got bone soup on the go. Had the lambs tails simmering for a couple of days, now I've taken the bones and gristle stuff out and added veg, stock cubes and soup mix.
The physio I had when I did my back in initially sorted my sciatica out so maybe a trip to the physio if you can, Kaz.
Not much on telly tonight, usually there's a film late on, so will have an early night, no siesta for me this afternoon then.
Keshi is still sopping wet, she looks like she's been in the shower
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Bless your Mum Kazz, she is doing well to still be knitting like that. My fingers hurt so much when I knit or crochet that I have more or less given it up.
Well tomorrows lunch has all been prepped so I can spend time with the family tomorrow
She knits because she believes it keeps the Rheumatoid arthritis in her hands and wrists at bay and I think she may be right because when she gave it up due to the storke 2 years ago her hands became almost frozen and knarled up. I would keep trying it if I were you even 5 minutes a day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I've got bone soup on the go. Had the lambs tails simmering for a couple of days, now I've taken the bones and gristle stuff out and added veg, stock cubes and soup mix.
The physio I had when I did my back in initially sorted my sciatica out so maybe a trip to the physio if you can, Kaz.
Not much on telly tonight, usually there's a film late on, so will have an early night, no siesta for me this afternoon then.
Keshi is still sopping wet, she looks like she's been in the shower
Doing the excercises the physio gave me but to be honest had to get aout some days I know I do the wrong things back wise but hey you have to live and move things or they stay there forever don't you.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >