Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Good news,

Hubby took apart the old dishwasher today as I had looked on the internet and thanks to the www and a dishwasher forum ( yes such a thing does exist !!)

Its fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the grand price of £2.80 which was to buy solder for the soldering iron.

Turns out after taking the whole thing apart with the help of the dishwasher forum, that the circuit board had blown at the heating element and thus not heating the water and therefore causing a fault code.

I am now really annoyes at the man ( independent techincian) who came out based on a free call estimate who charged me £45 saying that the pipes were blocvked and problem was solved, only to discover after he left that actually it was still doing the same thing and he must have manually reset it to get it to drain and turn off.......

so my next step is a complaint to him regarding the fact that he conned me out of £45 as he didnt fix it, when I had called him after to say it was still not working he said oh must be faulty control panel and thats £180 to fix inc labour. end of.

£2.80 has fixed it and a half day spent dismantling and putting back together the dishwasher...
if i dont get my money back from this man can i report him to trading standards as I now think he must go out to peoples houses based on free estimate "find" a problem and charge to fix it.....

thoughts?

but am happy that I now dont have dishwater hands YIPPEE
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2009, 07:32 PM
i got a fab one for £20 it came with the house the lady bought but she was having a kitchen refit and getting a new one. same goes for freecycle alot of people get new ones when theres nothing wrong with the old one just upgrading it.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 04:19 PM
It's a shame you weren't looking in August last year, we ended up taking a 6 month old one to the tip as I couldn't find anybody that wanted it, we had a new one when our new kitchen was put in.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2