Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
Well done for giving her a happy ending, sounds like they will be having lots of fun together, brilliant
they are having fun I think, its just my lab keep nudging the little on and wont stop chasing and sniffing. Time will help that i hope, my lab is still a pup really as she is now 20 months. fingers crossed
Heidi987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2008, 11:49 PM
growing up we had dobbermans 2 males and a bitch that my father saw that was being ill treated so he tookher in but sadly we had to have her put down as she bit my cousin who took a packet of crisps of her cos that was all she was fed on,now me and the partner own Heidi who is a rottweiler
jorjamae1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2008, 04:11 PM
ok, here goes... When i was a kid (about 13yrs old) i was bitten by a huge German Shephard after that i was really scared of dogs, i couldn't be near dogs without feeling scared so i just stayed away from them, anyway, when i was about 28yrs a new woman started at the place i worked and we hit it off and became really good friends, it turned out she had six Siberian Huskies, she invited me to her house one day and i met her dogs one by one, they were the most laid back, friendly, energetic and loving dogs i was just in aw of them (her dogs were the first dogs i had touched in 15 years!!) Anyway, i went to her house quite a few times and fell in love with her dogs, i started doing lots of research on the breed and when i felt ready we got Nova, she has a strong spirit and can be very strong willed when she wants to be but i wouldn't change her for the world!! when Nova was 11mnths old we adopted Nanuk from the SHWA, I can now say that i'm not afraid of any dog, and thats all thanks to my friend, her dogs and Nova, she taught me alot!!
myshell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I own a mini poodle the reason in the first place was, I'm allergic to dogs so I was limited as to what I could have, but I love him to bits and could not bear to be without him now.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2008, 02:06 PM
i had a border collie x lab he was my rock when i lost my mum but he died 3 years ago,im currently looking for gud collie breeder an hope to have pup this year,i also really really love bernese mountain dogs but i think id need a sadle for it as im just 5ft
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:33 PM
When i was 14 i was given a staffy n fell in love with the breed straight away, we have always had dogs mainly rescues but my mum has always loved chow chows so we have had 2 of those unfortunatly they both died before their time.
I was looking for a large dog that didn't have a aggressive reputation as i have often found people are afraid of these types of dogs without getting to no them. I found a northern inuit site by accident so did a lot of research on them and 2 years later i have shila xx
daydream
New Member!
Female 

25-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I own a dalmatian and collie cross.She was the result of an adventure of two of a friends dogs!We lost our collie 2 years before and I could'nt get over it so they persuaded me to have the puppy and I am so glad they did as she has brought me so much pleasure.Elli
Schapiro
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2008, 01:53 PM
My family has a black lab. We've always had retrievers/retriever mixes (with the exception of the elkhound/gsd mix i rescued from the local shelter). Our chessie buster had passed about a year before we got our lab jake. My dad didn't want another dog-it absolutely kills him whenever one passes, but my mom and I go crazy without one! So a very close friend of ours had just had a litter of lab pups, we knew the mom very well-what a beautiful and wonderful dog she was! So of course, my mom secretly arranged for their favorite pup out of the litter-the runt, missing part of his tail, whom they named Jake.
Brogan, my dog, the newest addition to our family is a chessie. I adore the chessies through and through-from their silly 'roo roo roos' to their stinky oily coat. I've determined theres no other breed for me, haha. I love hiking, canoeing, camping, and basically anything dealing with the outdoors-and these dogs love it too. It's just a perfect match between me and the brown dogs
puremagic*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:19 AM
I started with a Rottweiller bitch 20 years ago, she was my first dog ever, and I got the Rottie bug, I bought another one 12 months later, lost him under anaesthetic at 12 months old when he was being neutered, we were devastated, I then got my first mini Schnauzer. After another 6 months got my next Rottie 'Ted' he was my pride and joy, I had him in the show ring, did Crufts with him twice and my Rottie family grew from then on, until at one point about 11 years ago I had 7 adults and 11 puppies, along with 2 mini schnauzers. I ran a boarding kennels at the time, so had plenty of space, I bred a few litters of Rotties, and over the years took back puppies that owners couldn't cope with until now I am down to my last Rottie, he is Ted's son and he is now 11 years old, I have a mini shnauzer who is 14 yrs old and 3 years ago got a Patterdale x field spaniel from rescue. I have decided all my dogs in future will come from rescue, Peewee is such a lovely little dog even though we had a few problems with him at first. There was a 10 month Rottie for re homing a few weeks ago, but it wouldn't be fair on my old guy, so will wait until he is gone before any more come home.
bxrmadgal
New Member!
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I am a very proud owner of a Boxer. I was born into a Boxer household, Mum & Dad brought me home in my bassinette/basket and plonked me on the lounge room floor for the dogs to sniff. I wasn't the first, so they knew what a baby was. The dog I remember most was Monty, we got him when I was 8 yo and he went to heaven when I was 21 yo, a great innings for a Boxer. He was my best friend, did everything with me and I loved him so much. Yes, I am getting teared up thinking about him. But my love for the Boxer has never faded.
I didn't have a dog in my life for 20 years until Dudley came along. He is the best. We got into training and he has taught me so much about how dogs learn etc.
I like and appreciate other breeds, but to me Dog = Boxer. At Crufts recently, I was asked what other breed of dog I would have and I struggled (jet lag and all) to come up with a Viszla.
Boxers are so much more than most people realise - they are clowns that have a great sense of humour, I admit, but they are also very trainable and incredibly smart. The other bonus is that they love to be loved and know how to return the love.
I am Boxer mad!!!
Page 11 of 24 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »