Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:30 PM

finally!

i got a new laptop

i have been off today - actually ill now lol!! headache etc... so, in my bad mood - i decided to take it out on pc world.....

(for those who are thinking mad psycho... ive been without a laptop for weeks now and they keep fobbing me off etc.... long story!)

so i rung the tech guys - this guy was very helpful and told me to go instore and get another laptop

so i did

and i got abrand new advent!! woo! lost all my work off the other comp - including piccies etc... *gutted* but that was my own fault for not backing them up on disk....!

anyhow! - i am still on mums comp until i get my internet running - but am happy now that my kicking off has worked!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Woo hoo, join the new laptop club, mine is now almost 24 hours old!

Mines a Dell...... the one that died on me was an Adventlol
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 05:06 PM
ahhhh mines an advent!

i only had the same amount to spend again (but i did try for a £600 to be fair )

i just cannot connect to the internet now...... it needs a password which i dont know.....

rung the techguys they said they cant help i need the password from the guy who we bought the wireless box from - who we dont see !!!!! gawd knows what im gonna do!!!

i dont fancy buying a new wireless box to be honest!!!!!!

i hate internet !!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post

i just cannot connect to the internet now...... it needs a password which i dont know.....

rung the techguys they said they cant help i need the password from the guy who we bought the wireless box from - who we dont see !!!!! gawd knows what im gonna do!!!
It's easy to sort out do a google for your router user instructions then find out how to a factory reset then use the default password to access then input your user name and password so you can connect to the internet.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I have to sday that my new laptop is sitting in the box waiting to be opened this weekend when some of the dust has settled....

Glad you are sorted Suze.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
It's easy to sort out do a google for your router user instructions then find out how to a factory reset then use the default password to access then input your user name and password so you can connect to the internet.
we did this ages ago and then couldnt get it working again - hence the guy came out and put a new password in which i dont know what it is....

i can reset again as i know we'll have no internet at all (tbh the box is crap)!, so im waiting for my mum to et home tonight to see if she can do somtihgn about it if not im going to get a box tomorow morning grrrr
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 04:43 PM
What make & model is your router?

I can save you some cash but if you prefur to buy a new one. I can give you instructions on how to input the data you require
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:52 AM
hiya - sorry for taking so long to reply!!!

my computer is an advent 6551

i asked some guy to come out (rung him y'day), and he was due out at 11am today - no show.... my mum rung him (who is far more diplomatic sometimes than me lol),,,, he's just got up pi55sed as a fart....... so he aint coming out..!

we have been onto oraange (internet provider), and techguys etc... its just this stupid code we need but apparanrly we need to reset the box but as im completely thick with the tech side of computers im stuck......

any info appreciated
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
hiya - sorry for taking so long to reply!!!

my computer is an advent 6551

i asked some guy to come out (rung him y'day), and he was due out at 11am today - no show.... my mum rung him (who is far more diplomatic sometimes than me lol),,,, he's just got up pi55sed as a fart....... so he aint coming out..!

we have been onto oraange (internet provider), and techguys etc... its just this stupid code we need but apparanrly we need to reset the box but as im completely thick with the tech side of computers im stuck......

any info appreciated
Suze,

It's the make and model of the router that Leo's asked you for, not the laptop. If you give her that, I'm sure she'll be able to help you out.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 01:09 PM
ahhh lol!

see - im brilliant with computers

its a d-link wireless, is that right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >