View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 05:52 AM

Anyone Know Of Anything To Soothe A Sore Chest?

I'm coughing really bad at the moment, although it hasn't reached bronchitis stage so there isn't any point going to the docs for AB's as they won't give them to me unless it gets that bad.

Where I have been coughing my chest is red raw and I'm trying to stifle the coughs rather than letting them out, which is not good as my chest will just start getting clogged up. I have a feeling I may have trachaeitis (sp?) again as it feels like my windpipe is burning and I have almost lost my voice.

I've been awake all night and am dosing on cough syrup like its going out of fashion just to try to soothe the pain. Does anyone know of any alternative remedies that I can try other than honey and lemon as I'm desperate?
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Cant help, just wanted to let you know im awake for the same reasons!
Was woken unable to stop coughing, burning chest etc etc. Ive had a tickly cough for a week or so but the past 2 days its gotten bad Very sore throat, and the painful burning. My OH has had a tickle but my daughter is on her second bout after only clearing the first cough/cold, 5 days break in 4 weeks! 3wks + off school and she's only just turned 6.

Added to that is our location where you have a choice of ONE cough medicine or the Nazi GP

Ive had milk, yogurt, medicine (yuk), anything to coat the tubes. Sucking on soothers now.
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-11-2008, 06:16 AM
OH btw, its -8c outside!!!
Im sure that isnt helping.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Soothers or Tunes would be my suggestion, just to get the jouces flowing really.

Sorry you're feeling so pants, Sheree - and you, Callum - it sounds particularly nasty

x0x
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Good morning fellow sufferers, well i say good, but its not really is it
I have also been coughing and hacking most of the night, hooch and my oh got so fed up they kicked me out of bed.
my chest feels like a sumo wrestler has been sitting on it,my voice is just a squeeky noise and i could do with a toliet roll stuffed up my nose, i can here woooooooshing sounds in my ears.
( i want my mummy)
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Aww thanks all, sounds like I'm not alone then, I wonder where we picked it up from

Fortunately I don't have a runny nose with mine, that would really drag me down so I'm sorry for anyone that has a cold on top of the chesty problem xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear your not well (and all the others) was going to say my Mom used to make hot Lemon/honey/ and glycerene(sp)......and the other for bad chesty coughs ... hot Black treacle and cider vinager UGH.....it was awful but did the job.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Strepsils for us - and ice cream. But not together.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I was going to suggest home made honey and lemon, but if it isn't working can't think what else to suggest except like others have said lots of Soothers or Tunes.
Hope you all feel better soon.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Do you have a jar of honey and a fresh lemon? Make a hot toddy with the honey and squeeze in some fresh lemon.

Also CHAMOMILE, taken every few hours, will ease pain and reduce inflammation. Chamomile tea is particularly effective in treating pain because of its soothing nature.

Elaine xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >