Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 06:31 PM

O2 Mobile Phones

Anyone ever had one of these??

I've had my gorgeous little Samsung phone for about 4 years and absolutely love it, but over the last few months its been slowing dying, starting with video then camera, texts are hit and miss both sending and recieving, and now it wont make calls So i think i need a new one.

I get an upgrade on my contract the beginning of feb so have been having a look at what i can get, one is the O2 Zest (i think), does anyone have one of these? It has a built in sat nav which i thought was pretty funky

I've only ever had nokia or samsung, didnt even know o2 did their own mobiles... So, are they any good? Or should they be avoided?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Its more of a small PDA/XDA really, has a 3mp camera which isnt great considering what it is. If you listen to music as I do, consider there is no socket for your earphones, I think you have to use some specific small USB thingy. Its much bigger than a normal phone too, like the iPhone, but if you want better web access than a normal mobile then its good. Id go into an O2 shop and have a look.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 09:33 PM
To be perfectly honest, my little samsung has internet and music stuff on it, but all i need it to do is make and take calls, send and recieve texts and would be good if it had an ok camera but im not too fussed lol But the sat nav seemed like a major bonus as the other phones i was looking at dont have that.

Might go into the O2 shop next time im in town though, thats a good idea!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I had an o2 pda type phone about 4 years ago. Was great for me as it linked to my pc and meant all my contacts etc were with me wherever I went. It also told me when appointments were etc.... I still have it just as a pda. It slid open witha keyboard inside and a stylus with touch writing pad.
I loved it although being in my pocket all the time it was quite heavy and bulky, apart from that I'd have another one.
Best thing to do is go into Carphone Warehouse and try one out, as they let you hold them and do all the stuff you want to do.
If you are buying a new contract there are some good cashbacks o quidco at the mo......
http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-utilit...-phones-plans/
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
My current phone is an O2 Xda Orbit II, previous to that I had an XDA Trion. The O2 phones are generally made by HTC for O2 and are very well made, reliable and versatile in my experience.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I have had a few of the O2 phones
cant rem the 1st one then I had the O2 exec, which was fab - like a little laptop now I have the O2 ignito which is amazing for what I want
Camera is OK, internet is almost full, sincs to pc, has excell and word and powerpoint - great to look really slick with mini presentations, decent MP3 player - although you need to use the headphones and dedicated software for google maps, you tube and myspace
can get the software for sat nav too - but I dont really like them

and the best bit is it is also smaller than most mobile phones on the market

If you want a good gadget phone I prefer them to the iphone - cheeper and does pretty much the same

if you just want a bog standard phone then just get a normal one (I love gadgets tho)