Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this Ramble, after all the Bifters has been through recently to I do hope he picks up soon - sending {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} to you both!
Thanks Shaza that's really kind of you. I think everything he's been through is taking it's toll.
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh, I have just caught this. So sorry to hear Biff has had a difficult couple of days, it is so heartwrenching at times, give Biff big cosy hugs from Max and I and wishing some easy comfy days for him.

Thinking of you both xx.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 05:16 PM
My Kali is beginning to slow down, too - you see it in the things he does in the house - he's still a rocket outside, but his "decline" has been slowed by the purchase of yet another new bed (his last one got very smelly in kennels). This new one is all thick padding and is warm and soft, which he appears to appreciate. This week, with new beds, a lead doubler and a fresh supply of Snorri-dog's epilepsy tablets, we have probably supplied the vet with at least one new tyre for his Range Rover.

Well, it will be time for his dinner in 3/4 hour, then we'll see he can still cross the kitchen with good speed!

Snorri
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks Shanik (and Max) cosy cuddles to you too!

Snorri, that made me smile,Biff is going deaf but can hear a treat packing opening......even from outside!
Hugs for Kali.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi Ailsa, sorry to hear that the Bifter is not feeling so good, this awful weather does affect the oldies. Nova is coming up to 15 now and is feeling the pinch too, a bit stiff on the old legs. You could ask your vet for some Vivitonin which is great for older dogs, it helps with the blood flow to the brain. Nova is on Metacam for her achy bones and never goes out without her coat on now. She spends all day at the stables with me on a Saturday but then sleeps all day Sunday!! Give him a great big Vizzie hug from the old lass and a kiss from me!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Yowza! for Vivitonin! Kali gets this every day, too, because elderly Border Collies can be susceptible to strokes, and Vivitonin is supposed to help blood circulate in the brain. Just a tip, though, don't go to your vet for it (our vet charged over £40 a pack), try here >> http://www.inhousedrugstore.co.uk/pe...vivitonin.html
where you can get three packs for £55.

Vivitonin seemed to perk Kali up quite a bit when he started getting it - from being an elderly gent, he returned to being a leg-humping monster in a matter of days

I could do without the leg-humping , but strangely, I'm quite glad he still feels up to it! (He's 14 next April)

Snorri
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Hi Ailsa, sorry to hear that the Bifter is not feeling so good, this awful weather does affect the oldies. Nova is coming up to 15 now and is feeling the pinch too, a bit stiff on the old legs. You could ask your vet for some Vivitonin which is great for older dogs, it helps with the blood flow to the brain. Nova is on Metacam for her achy bones and never goes out without her coat on now. She spends all day at the stables with me on a Saturday but then sleeps all day Sunday!! Give him a great big Vizzie hug from the old lass and a kiss from me!
Awwwwww thank you!
We had my oH's old collie on vivitonin years ago, don't they give it to OAPs elsewhere in the world, it's just not licensed for people here? May suggest that one....although the blood may have a hard time finding his brain!!! Bless him!
He had a really mad half hour with the pup before, definitely a better day for the old boy today.but it's lashing it down tonight so tomorrow could be a different story, bless him!
Thank you! xxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Yowza! for Vivitonin! Kali gets this every day, too, because elderly Border Collies can be susceptible to strokes, and Vivitonin is supposed to help blood circulate in the brain. Just a tip, though, don't go to your vet for it (our vet charged over £40 a pack), try here >> http://www.inhousedrugstore.co.uk/pe...vivitonin.html
where you can get three packs for £55.

Vivitonin seemed to perk Kali up quite a bit when he started getting it - from being an elderly gent, he returned to being a leg-humping monster in a matter of days

I could do without the leg-humping , but strangely, I'm quite glad he still feels up to it! (He's 14 next April)

Snorri

Thanks for the link Snorri, I' shall see if the vet thinks it will help, we're due back in a fortnight. He did say if all was ok then he would just start him on a repeat prescription for his rimadyl and call him back in a couple of months for bloods.
Your posts do make me smile!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear the Biffters is slowing down a bit Ramble Inevitable, but still very heartwrenching. Hugs to you.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6