Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Malady is energetic in her posts as she genuinly cares about the health of dogs, I think it's good to remember that... otherwise if she weren't interested she would give up!
I tried by pm Malady, but I think he is happy, and I think it is fair that if he knows and he is happy that we have to accept that. That is why luckily we all have a choice in the matter.

THanks Jess

Yes we all do have a choice, I just think it's only fair that we all make an educated choice for the sake of our dogs, and hopefully by trying to educate (in this case Trolling ) we can only hope that people might try to see things from a different perspective (The bees story srpings to mind again )

I do care for dogs, ALL dogs, even dogs I dont know or have ever met, although anyone would think I am asking them to feed their dog poison, it's quite strange
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
THanks Jess

Yes we all do have a choice, I just think it's only fair that we all make an educated choice for the sake of our dogs, and hopefully by trying to educate (in this case Trolling ) we can only hope that people might try to see things from a different perspective (The bees story srpings to mind again )

I do care for dogs, ALL dogs, even dogs I dont know or have ever met, although anyone would think I am asking them to feed their dog poison, it's quite strange
Why do I need educating? Because my dogs are fed crap despite them being healthy on this crap. I have been through more in ten years with my lot than many dog experts will go through in a life time, so I think that is more than enough education.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
1, If the cap fits, and this one is perfect.

2, Also who the hell are you to say my dogs are fed healthy maintenance diet.

3, You must be the only one who cant tell the difference, I mean 2 you and your little "buddy". He weight on the o so wonderful better foods, 27kg, he had trouble walking causing him to wet himself a few times as he had trouble standing, let alone running, playing, jumping. Weight now is 32.5, he is running, playing is very active all this on a crap food. So now I suggest you stop trolling and get a life.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.
I haven't posted anything controversial. In fact if you do your own research into pet foods, you would see yourself that what I have said is right

I also haven't posted anything to bait anyone..........again I posted facts, nothing more. If those facts offend you, then maybe I am hitting on a nerve !

You are the one becoming offensive by saying .... "Get a Life" !!!

Now who's baiting ??
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:58 PM
There are some topics on this forum which which just go round and round and it makes me smile to see people tossing the same arguments back and forth.

I think Bakers is evil, just like most of the other major players stocked in supermarkets. I personally dont feed my dogs any of this because, although it may taste and smell yummy, I know what animal derivatives are for example, but my dogs dont, so I have to make the decisions based on what i've researched.

However, I make these decisions solely for my dogs and if asked for input on other brands, will give it based on what i've read and also how they affected my mutts. If somebody asked me "Leanne, would you recommend Beta?" i'd say definately not as it made Flynn extremely sick.

What I wouldn't do is grind that person down post after post because what they feed their dogs differs from what I feed mine. It seems as if insinuations are being made that some owners are bad owners because they feed their dog Bakers. There are far more factors besides diet which make up a happy and healthy dog.

I'm just trying to see both sides, at the end of the day it's your dog, feed it what you see fit. Nobody ever got fined by the RSPCA for feeding supermarket brands. At least you are feeding them!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, back and forth like a tennis ball, Some people seem to think I should change the food my dogs are fed despite and I will say this for the umpteenth time, him being fit and healthy on it. This is from my expeirience, and what the vet says. And last time I looked no one else here is a vet, though quite a few seem to thing they no more as they have researched.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I have neither tried to grind down anyone about their choices, in fact in one of my very few posts on this 12 page thread, I even said everything is fine in moderation etc, so it's not quite that dramatic !!

However, I did start to become rather pushy, if you like, when I was told to 'Get a Life' and was told that I was 'a Troll' !!

I am not the one being offensive here

I've said my piece, which hasnt been much on this thread either, so I'll shut up now before I have any other accusations or insults thrown at me !
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Do I feed bakers - no - it would not suit my crew at all.
What I do feed them however, could well be bad for other dogs yet mine thrive on it, [ having tried them on high profile and positively supported alternatives I have the comparison to make ].
Many dogs don`t do well on foods of high wheat content for instance - this is the content of my crews food :

INGREDIENTS
Cooked Wheat, Cooked Sweetcorn, Meat & Marrowbone, Soya, Cooked Barley, Vitamins & Minerals.

And its very inexpensive too - bonus

One dogs `cheap crap` is another dogs excellent feast

When it comes down to it, people should feed their dog on what suits their dog best.
No, I never recommend Bakers because of additives etc, however if Stormeys do well on it - and Stormey does has the experience to know whats right for his dogs imo - then thats what Stormey should feed them
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
The dietary info on all feed bags is a guide line only, My vet told me this, most good balanced complete diets will give a dog all he needs nutrition-wise, however, vary the diet, give a change in their meals 2 or 3 times a week, I feed mine a variety of foods like raw tripe/tinned chicken/cooked chicken, also, any leftovers from the dinner table, exception being potatoes, in any shape or form.

You will see on all feed bags the dietary info such as,

Protien, *%
Calcium, *%
Ash, *%
Fiber, *%
Sugars, *%
Etc, etc.

I don't care if an individual thinks food "A" is better than Food "B", all dogs are different, with different tastes, so give em what they will eat and enjoy, buy a small bag of feed to see if they'll eat it, if they like it let them get on with it, as I said, I bought a bag of Science Plan 3 years ago, the dogs would'nt touch it, I've tried a few different brands since and finished up with what they like today, it's a case of try and try again until they're happy and eating well, and also healthy with it.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
How boring life would be if we didn't have different opinions.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I will explain why I likend you to a troll,

with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.
No imo criticising the food someone feeds there dogs is likely to lead to an emotional response.

You say I am being offensive, really if I wanted to be offensive I would do better than calling someone a troll
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »