View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Love windows 7 now but wasn't keen at first - just took getting used to really.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Ive had no problems wth it. I do miss the windows email though. Had to install Office to get Outlook
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I wish I'd posted my Happy tech 2011 thread earlier now. I bet it cost a fair bit paying for all that proprietary software! Fresh & new computing in 2011 can be yours for £0.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks Rich, we're all even more depressed now.....
MississippiRick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I hate it.

My old laptop died a few weeks ago and i bought this HP jobbie which came with 7,but it isnt as user friendly as XP in my opinion.I dont like the Windows live as its not as easy to use as outlook express and i cant seem to move photos around as easy.

One thing i do like though is the sticky post it note thingy!
And so many share that same view. But they should get used to it, because soon XP will go the way of Windows 98..and will not even be supported anymore if you call in...
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks Rich, we're all even more depressed now.....
Sorry 'bout that!

I've just spent 2 hours in front of a Windows 7 PC at work and it's UGLY! Certainly compared to a recent test version of the upcoming new release of my preferred system.
MississippiRick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
Sorry 'bout that!

I've just spent 2 hours in front of a Windows 7 PC at work and it's UGLY! Certainly compared to a recent test version of the upcoming new release of my preferred system.
I do not support Bill Gates...sorry I do not like a virus, spyware, malware, have always liked having a bulletproof computer system. That is why I will stay with Linux thank you..
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by MississippiRick View Post
I do not support Bill Gates...sorry I do not like a virus, spyware, malware, have always liked having a bulletproof computer system. That is why I will stay with Linux thank you..
Oh yeah! Couldn't have put it better! Except my systems tend to be less than bulletproof when I start messing. Which is why I have a cheap, old PC to play with. It's nice to have a computer that allows, nay encourages you to customise and even nicer to have the community support to answer questions when you muck it up.
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by MississippiRick View Post
ha ha I'm the same thats why I don't pay I have a 'hacked bios' so I can put any copy of windows on my PC and it will always allow updates ...much better than buying or downloading a crack copy and as for A/V I get that free in fact I only pay for my games
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I have it on my laptop - it's okay but I haven't got to grips with Windows Live Mail - I've been using Outlook on my pc. I haven't looked Windows Mail since June last year so I just did but it's only downloaded mail from yesterday and today. Six months worth of mail isn't there.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >