Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Now why couldn't you just have answered politely? If I had known I wouldn't have asked.

It is ages since I did companion shows in any way shape or form---I steer clear of the KC whenever possible.

It is a shame people don't do more reporting if the aggression is that bad at the companion shows and is seems a lot of people have seen it and suffered from it.

I thought it might be difficult as the dogs wouldn't be registered.

rune
Anytime I've complained at shows it's just been a case of 'O yes we saw.. We will keep an eye on them' and nothing else is done.

At an Open show a judge hit Blu and was rough handed with the other poodle but we were told they couldn't accept the complaint we would have to take it direct to the KC and pay for it. Something like £25 Even then nothing would prob come from it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Anytime I've complained at shows it's just been a case of 'O yes we saw.. We will keep an eye on them' and nothing else is done.

At an Open show a judge hit Blu and was rough handed with the other poodle but we were told they couldn't accept the complaint we would have to take it direct to the KC and pay for it. Something like £25 Even then nothing would prob come from it.
Sounds abit like something that happened at one of the club shows! To report a judge (which half the showers wanted to do)! It was £30per person (Must add that was told to me second hand, not direct from the KC)
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Sounds abit like something that happened at one of the club shows! To report a judge (which half the showers wanted to do)! It was £30per person (Must add that was told to me second hand, not direct from the KC)
It was a Utility breed club show. The excuse was it was the judges first time judging smaller poodles he normaly only does standards £25 or £30 per person for a complaint that will probaly be ignored is awful but they get away with it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:01 PM
It was a Utility breed club show. The excuse was it was the judges first time judging smaller poodles he normaly only does standards £25 or £30 per person for a complaint that will probaly be ignored is awful but they get away with it.
This was a breed judge!!!!! That has been judging for something like 17years...although hadnt judged for 4/5years.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
This was a breed judge!!!!! That has been judging for something like 17years...although hadnt judged for 4/5years.
Maybe they are related!

Had to laugh because the judge went home with 2 people with standard poodles who he just happened to give BOB and BPIB. They also just happened to get placed in the final 4 both times for BIS/BPIS!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:04 PM

I was asked to do a witness statement for a complaint at an HTM show. A wsd had attacked a nervy cavalier just before it went in the ring. Luckily we were able to ask the organisers to allow the cav to go in later and try and get over it.

The owner of the wsd was given a warning I believe and still competes, I havn't seen the cav since, which is a shame.

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 08:11 PM

Thats terrible

How disgusting that a judge can act that way.
I hope he was Ok.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Thats terrible

How disgusting that a judge can act that way.
I hope he was Ok.
It was with a very heavy metal measure. Hit him on the bum (he doesn't have much fat on it!) then the judge acted suprised because Blu turned around to have a go at whatever had hit him

He was already slightly put off showing because at his first show the judge hurt him plus other things. He's fine now but still hates his bum being touched so every day I get something new and go over him with it so he's slowly getting there
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Now why couldn't you just have answered politely? If I had known I wouldn't have asked.

It is ages since I did companion shows in any way shape or form---I steer clear of the KC whenever possible.

It is a shame people don't do more reporting if the aggression is that bad at the companion shows and is seems a lot of people have seen it and suffered from it.

I thought it might be difficult as the dogs wouldn't be registered.

rune
What was not polite? I simply said that you have to put your money where your mouth is, meaning if you have a complaint about an aggressive dog, you must put your money down to the KC and make an official complaint, not just talk about it. What was not polite?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Rune - what an incredibly rude and unpleasant person you are. Accusing people of not reading your posts yet clearly not reading theirs. Im not even going to bother discussing this with you anymore, you clearly have a chip on your shoulder about something. You might need to deal with your issues about dog show people before attempting to organise anymore DOG SHOWS!
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >