Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
What about animals like this?

Looks like the Schwarzenegger of the bovine world!!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
(tried to find a feeling sick smiley but couldn't )

It was the stomach, I think it had been dead or something a while as me and a few others were watching through the window and intivited in, and when the stomach was opened it stank, and then the hard ball things were pulled out, I had to watch as I'm one of them people, but it did make me a bit ill if I'm honest.

Its so intresting. Only thing that done me over was the eyes.. But other than that I really enjoyed it in a weird sort of say. I've seen them done on deer, swans, hedgehogs and a black bird. Deer was the best. I find it amazing that deer have a four-chambered stomach. I could sit there all day learning about the different oragans and stuff
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thats actually called 'canned hunting' Jackie and i absolutely detest people who participate in it.This is nothing to do with conservation and just pure greed when they charge $10,000 for a lion etc.
Thanks, knew there was a term for it..

Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Interesting thread & viewpoints.

I have followed the "emperor" story & I can see both points of view. I realise that, because humans have killed all the natural predators in the UK, humans now have to take over the role, by culling deer. If deer weren't culled & continued to breed, there would be no habitat for them, there would be food shortages & environmental damage. So humans are now only really having to do something to manage a situation that they created in the first place!!

And if deer culling is done humanely, with as little stress as possible caused to the animals, by clean quick shots that end the animal's life immediately & by only taking out the weak, elderly or sick animals (as would happen naturally), then so be it.

Unfortunately I think the "sporting" part of deer culling or killing any form of wild animal, is the part that gets peoples’ backs up. It’s the thought that someone is killing these animals for sport, enjoyment, competition fun, etc that's so horrible. The true conservationists, trying to protect the environment, trying to preserve numbers in a manageable way so that these animals have enough food & don’t overrun the countryside, don’t actually enjoy the act of having to kill a beautiful animal. But they realise it must be done so that deer or whatever, can remain in stable numbers & equilibrium is maintained.

Is there a sport where you kill an animal for competition??

I can sort of understand that these deer will be killed anyway, whether by gamekeepers, estate managers, or by city gents who just want a “fun” day out. But that’s not really the point ~ it’s the fact that some people actually enjoy the act of taking a life, for no other reason than because they can, because they can take home a trophy or boast to their friends, or somehow think that they are macho “hunters” & were terribly brave facing up to & killing a lion, or what fantastic shots they are by killing a deer or a pheasant. That’s the part that makes me cross ~ not the fact that these animals may need to be culled & are culled, but the fact that the people doing it, are doing it for their own inhumane, callous & trivial reasons.

I completey agree, there is an element of society that will kill for killing sake, I sadly know a few people like that.

But it seems some here are tarring anyone who takes up a gun to preserve and control wild life with the same brush.

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Rubbish---dead is dead.

I am looking at it from the animals viewpoint----something you animal keepers seem unable to do.rune

The animals viewpoint , do they confide in you then

Animal keeper, thats a good one... dogs do you hear, I am no longer an animal lover, because Rune says so!!!! poor babies, they no longer have someone to love them .

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
You're right. My inability to take the life of another with my bare hands makes me a bad person.
Overdramatizing now Pidge

So you dont eat meat...but hey, Woody does , does he not?? and YOU buy it for him.. or is he a veggie too!

You wear leather , drink milk, eat eggs I presume.

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
My opinions are only based from what I done with wildlife, which is one sided. I have tried to understand where others have come from, because it intrests me and I respect their opinions.. But all I have learnt is how some of these people can be totally rude & personal! ahh well I wont lose sleep..:mrgreen:

DD, you got your fingers burnt on this one, but dont forget you can become as personal and rude as the next one when you feel like it...so stop the feeling sorry for yourself act.

You saw a pic and assumed something , I tried to warn you , but you had it in your head, that the picture was of a dead deers head.. when it was quiet obvious it was alive and well.

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Looks like the Schwarzenegger of the bovine world!!!
Jezzzzzzz, biting into one of his steaks would break your teeth
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Don't be ridiculous, giving hunters a bad name..please you have managed that all by yourself

Firstly I dont shoot, my nonchalance is towards a attitude that does not see a need for land management or control of some wildlife.

I have a huge love of the countryside and all that goes with it, the difference is , I UNDERSTAND what has to be done to allow it and its residents to thrive. .
you dont have to pull the trigger for me to see how you view wild animals your posts speak for themselves, you support people on here who openly admit they have no compassion for the wildlife they kill and you have the same discompassionate view to the proposed badger cull which ironically could affect those very deer if it goes ahead!.....most conservationists are in favour of vaccinating but No that would be far to humane when we can kill them
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I hope your neighbour hasn't been shooting badgers - they are a protected species!
my thoughts exactly!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
DD, you got your fingers burnt on this one, but dont forget you can become as personal and rude as the next one when you feel like it...so stop the feeling sorry for yourself act.

You saw a pic and assumed something , I tried to warn you , but you had it in your head, that the picture was of a dead deers head.. when it was quiet obvious it was alive and well.
You go and find me one post where I have been personal, about peoples knowledge. I got personal ONCE on this forum, about the ethics behind some ones breeding. I believe I also apoligised to that member through pm - once I was told the facts.
I didnt get my fingers burnt at all.. and Im not feeling sorry for myself at all, Diffence is im not laughing at others about how little they know about something, instead of explaining to them - .. I saw the pic but didnt really assume anything, I just read into what Dawn had put wrongly..which is exactly what she wanted, I will remember in future to watch out for these little tricks that are done to prove points.. shame I hold my own opinion, dont have to try and prove anything, and dont need to be anyones little sheep.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Pidge, do you honestly think animals have that level of understanding and reasoning? And if so, what about all the animals raised for the table? Those that are killed young because the meat is more tender, those that are killed because they're the wrong gender? The deer that are stalked and shot, rarely know anything except a smell of something, and then they're gone. There's not a long chase or anything, the stalker and guests get into position out of sight, wait until the target animal is in the right position, and then, and only then will the stalker give the go ahead for them to shoot.
I wish farm animals could be afforded the same instant, stress-free death to be honest.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
you dont have to pull the trigger for me to see how you view wild animals your posts speak for themselves, you support people on here who openly admit they have no compassion for the wildlife they kill and you have the same discompassionate view to the proposed badger cull which ironically could affect those very deer if it goes ahead!.....most conservationists are in favour of vaccinating but No that would be far to humane when we can kill them
Who said that then we must be reading different threads, because I cant remember anyone saying they have no compassion!! I see respect for the life they take shown by those who do shoot!

The badger cull if proven to be needed, will be something that would have my support.

You have no idea about what I do or dont think about wildlife, you are reading what you want to read into my posts, because I dont follow your fluffy bunny viewpoint.

Think what you like it matters not..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
You go and find me one post where I have been personal, about peoples knowledge. I got personal ONCE on this forum, about the ethics behind some ones breeding. I believe I also apoligised to that member through pm - once I was told the facts.
I didnt get my fingers burnt at all.. and Im not feeling sorry for myself at all, Diffence is im not laughing at others about how little they know about something, instead of explaining to them - .. I saw the pic but didnt really assume anything, I just read into what Dawn had put wrongly..which is exactly what she wanted, I will remember in future to watch out for these little tricks that are done to prove points.. shame I hold my own opinion, dont have to try and prove anything, and dont need to be anyones little sheep.
You see, thats exactly what I mean, we all have opinions, sometimes we may even agree with someone else..

Many a time I agree with you, or you will agree with me..does that make us both sheep, becuase on a certion topic we agree

The point is, whether it was a trick or not (I dont know) you fell into your own trap.. you assumed something that was not.

Thats not Danws fault...I am suprised at you realy, I would have expected you to just brush it off, as you would normally .

Never mind, you will be strong enough to come back and fight another day I am sure
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
my thoughts exactly!
I think you need to read the post properly by Isochick, there was never any mention of shooting badgers, just that they'd tried to get in to a poultry shed.
Page 41 of 51 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »