Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:28 AM

Omg Diesel!

I think that I had the worst walk ever on Saturday, thankfully it turned out not to too bad.

When I walk into the bullcroft where I give the dogs a short walk there is a wall on one side near the gate, then a path the leads around a nusery a load of trees then a unfenced park, at this point because the amount of squrriels in the park I keep the dogs on lead, but lengthen their lead to six foot (walking through town its three foot) but on Saturday something went wrong, and instead of just unclipping the lead from itself, it also unclipped from Diesel's collar he shot off towards the squirrells and Honey was going mad on her lead, but I thought that as he was out of sight I'd stay where I was so he would now where I was and call him, but then I heard what sounded like screaming and worried that he had caught a squrriell near the park in front of some kids, so decided to walk calling his name again, but for some reason after I had walked a bit I decided to look around only to see a flash or brown heading towards the gate that leads onto the main road this caused my heart to stop as I knew it was Diesel heading full speed straight to the road, but luckily this time he stopped came back had a wee then did his most innocent face, while my heart was still recovering.

After this the walk was great, apart from the fact that at the end Diesel and Honey were meeting a gorgeous (albeit) very large Staff when suddenly Diesel started biting his face, their was very little noise, Diesel just went from wagging his tail to trying to hang off his poor face, so I pulled Diesel away, and now until I figure out why it happened he's wearing a muzzle, he's not impressed but I'm not gonna take any chances. The thing was after it happened he looked at me doing that wierd face that I've seen dogs do when they smell a bitch in heat, so I'm wondering whether there was some intresting smell like that that he smelt and reacted too, although I'm not sure.

But heres what Diesel thinks to the muzzle, its also hard to walk him when every now and again he uses my leg as a thing to try and get his muzzle off, and he never gives a warning as to when he's gonna do it either .

SDC11171 by Charlie Jade., on Flickr
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Blimey! You must have been frantic!! It sounds like one of our walks!!
Good idea to muzzle until you know why he went off on one. Thank goodness your lovely boy didn't get onto the road.
When I muzzle Jenny not only does she use my leg to try and get it off but she shoves her head in my crotch and up my backside in the hopes of levering it off!! So embarrassing....especially when she does it when I'm walking on the main road!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I was, I don't think I've ever been that scared, just the split second I saw him felt like forever .

And lol at Jenny, when I stopped to talk to another dogs owner Diesel decided to put his head and muzzle between my legs and start whining , but I'm not ready to risk him doing something like that again as I wouldn't be happy if it was my dog on the recieving end, to be fair though the staffs owner wasn't too bothered and said not to worry when I apoligsed, but I'm not gonna leave it incase it happens again, and I've already told Diesel 'if he can't do the time, don't do the crime' .
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah I don't blame you. It's not worth the risk. Danny's collar snapped once too and he legged it after a small dog! He didn't do anything to it but chase it and sniff, but with the probs I've had with Dan, he's now on a harness and muzzled when he can go off lead. I muzzle Jenny and Danny when I know there are going to be lots of dogs around even on lead and Guinness is muzzled when he's off lead.
Sighthounds eh?!! They're a pain in the butt sometimes but I really wouldn't be without any of them.
Give Diesel a big dog snog from me and mine!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Yours are only a pain in the butt sometimes , I'll swap them for mine, they're a pain in the butt all the time , Honey's the worst, she will lay down in the doorway of any room I go in, the wonders when I'm trying to get out of the room and she moves why she gets hurt, I've since got fed up of saying sorry to her , but she still does it, and Diesel waits until I'm in bed to come up and try to play with his pheasant, so I either end up throwing it out the room for him to start whining or going to sleep with a honking pheasant .
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 11:14 AM
LOL
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 11:16 AM
What a scary experience , glad it was ok for all in the end , the dreaded muzzle is not so bad and hopefully Diesel will get used to it , better to be safe than sorry , I think its other people who worry about the muzzle more then me now , Tom gets on with it and I ignore the silly comments like yesterday when a mum informed thier child the reason he was muzzled was because he would bite her , sighthounds and muzzles seem to be a given and it in no way detracts from the time and effort spent by the owners to be responsible and train thier dogs. Take care and you are doing the right thing.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Tbh I'm not that bothered, and I have always since having the dogs made sure that there are muzzles in the house, I don't know how I'd feel knowing that I hadn't got one, as they have been used for different things, like when the farmer wanted the muzzled because of the Deer on his land, or when they were younger and really mouthy with each other, but its never bothered them, I even have a pic of them with a couple of little kids, although at one point down the lake Diesel did use a sunbather to try and rub his muzzle off, she was not impressed but her boyfriend thought it was quite funny .

TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I am sure Tom and Diesel are related , they have the same expressions going !

chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Its the ears lol, where did you get their collars?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >