Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
I lost 2 and a half stone on slimming world a few years ago. Put it all back on again now though. Unless your gonna do it for the rest of your life its a complete waste of money. As soon as you stop doing it, you put all the weight back on.
That's what happened to my work colleague. The diet seems less restrictive than a lot of plans though as you have lots of "free food" choices.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
That's what happened to my work colleague. The diet seems less restrictive than a lot of plans though as you have lots of "free food" choices.
That that is a good part of it as it makes it easier. I just got fed up with it
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
That that is a good part of it as it makes it easier. I just got fed up with it
Yep me too. Couldn't imagine having to stay on this diet for the rest of my life. I would rather accept my "traditional build". I've good cholesterol and walk 2 hours a day but am not a size 12 unfortunately

If I was extra-large and uncomfortable I would do something about it though and this diet seems as good as any.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I do slimming world and since july have lost *drum roll* 4lbs...the most I've lost is 6lbs but it does fluctuate. I have PCOS too and the weight seems to cling that bit harder sometimes...I do find it 'easy' on a 'good' day, but real life gets in the way and anything social involves food....
I'm thinking about leaving and just upping my exercise and watching what I eat the majority of the time...
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I do slimming world and since july have lost *drum roll* 4lbs...the most I've lost is 6lbs but it does fluctuate. I have PCOS too and the weight seems to cling that bit harder sometimes...I do find it 'easy' on a 'good' day, but real life gets in the way and anything social involves food....
I'm thinking about leaving and just upping my exercise and watching what I eat the majority of the time...
That's basically how I am doing it.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Well a quick update. I lost 4lbs at weigh in last week Now off to be weighed again this morning...eek!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Well theres another 3.5lb off Also got slimmer of the week!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh well done Bev That'll give you the determination to keep it up (you just gotta find the stamina from somewhere else lol!). Don't get disheartened when you don't lose quite as much over the coming weeks, that's what happened with Dave, his face got longer each week when he had only lost one or two lbs a week as time went on, but over the weeks, it still pays off!

Keep it up mrs, otherwise I'll be getting me slapping stick out!!!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 07:45 AM
No need for the slapping stick just yet Mrs B! I'm now 2st 9.5lbs lighter than when I started this thread
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Well done chick, im so pleased for you!! I lost my enthusiasm a bit for a few weeks but I can feel it coming back... I want my horse dammit! lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >