Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 10:59 AM

So totally not fair!!!

We finally get some really nice weather (after it raining all last week), so I went or to a friend's house to mow her lawn, as she's on the DL. I'm almost done the lawn, when I step on an uneven part of the lawn and roll my ankle! OK so probably mild sprain (made that popping noise that usually coincides with a sprain for me), but it happens so often that it doesn't usually hurt much, but enough that i'm limping a bit. No biggie right?

And then what do I do? I kick a corner (by accident, I was running (well, sort of a hoppy run LOL) to see who scored in the hockey game) of the wall and break a toe!!! Same foot!!!! Not my big toe, thank goodness, but my second smallest toe, and I dont know for sure if it's broken, could just be a bad sprain or something, but my whole foot is swollen, and I can barely walk, so I'm thinking it's broken... but I'm not going to see a doctor for a toe, they cant do anything for it anyway.

Now there wont be any 5 mile walks with Oliver today... I cant even put a shoe on Poor guy.

I'm not usually quite THIS clumsy!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Oh, love..... You poor thing "hugs" xxx
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Ouch! Your poor thing, I sympathise.

I broke my little toe several years ago - running out of the kitchen, I accidentally 'clipped' the chimney breast with my foot. Doctor did nothing, but I did find strapping the toe to its neighbour eased things though.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes soldier or companion strapping sometimes helps but you are right - they don't usually do anything for broken toes.

If it's any consolation - last night I took the trivet out of the microwave and it dragged the heavy glass turntable out with it and it landed edge on right on the big toe and next toe of my left foot.

It had split the skin at the base of the toenail and bled profusely. It's black and blue now and I am praying I won't lose the toenail as it is so dusty and sandy here.

Fortunately it's flip flop weather so 'getting shoes on' isn't a problem.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Sara, Oh I do feel sorry for you, it must be so painful.

Hope the pain goes away soon, sorry I don't have any advice, but if it swells up a pack of frozen peas on top might help (The ones you were going to throw out anyway )

This past month I've done my big toe in somehow, and just this week did something to my knee which was hellishly painful, the quaks can't do aqnything for this kind of injury as you've found out yourself.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Poor you!

Stick some ice on it, stay off your feet for the rest of the day & snuggle up on the sofa with the dogs. Doggy kisses are the best medicine!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
(((Hugs))) for all of you with bad toes and knee's.

It hurts.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Oh dear, try and rest your ankle. What a bad time you've had and you were not even doing your own thing. I do hope things will feel better tomorrow.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for listening to my whining! After sleep, ice, a tensor bandage on the ankle, one toe taped to the other, and Ibuprofen, It's feeling a tad better, but I'm certainly not going to be walking Ollie for a few days... oh well, armchair fetch it is!