Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:33 PM
in this case you should put WS
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I don`t think there are any other Wiccs doglets called Ruby anyway so you should be ok I reckon
There is a Ruby Tuesday registered, [ Kelpie, Agility Champion Cories Ruby Tuesday AW ], but having the Wiccs name should make it ok, there is a Ruby Tuesday, a Boxer, Killellan Ruby Tuesday ], on the Breed register too but again with something else to the name to differentiate
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
in this case you should put WS
Noooo, Ruby is a BC, there is no such breed as a `WSD`, the KC will put that non-existent breed name on the certificate anyway, just without Rookgeordiegirl giving them an easy ride about it
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh i agree in principal patch!! & it DOES annoy me too! although not to the extent it annoys you!!!!according to the KC they WS though! wether you & I like it or not!

I was refering to OPs teg not Ruby, not that it matters!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:24 PM
To add, ARE there any BCs Registered AS BCs Only on the working reg (ie NOT on the Breed reg)
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:27 PM
what is an activities certificate anyway ????redgister i mean
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 08:10 PM
The activities register is for dogs not eligible for the Breed register, [ in papered pedigree`s which can go in the Show ring ], so to compete in KC agility / flyball etc the dog has to be on the Activities register if not eligible for and registered on the Breed one.

Info here for you which better explains the two registers

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/415
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
The activities register is for dogs not eligible for the Breed register, [ in papered pedigree`s which can go in the Show ring ], so to compete in KC agility / flyball etc the dog has to be on the Activities register if not eligible for and registered on the Breed one.

Info here for you which better explains the two registers

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/415
thanks for the info it will come in handy
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 08:54 PM
There are some"BC's"on the activities register that have other breeds in their background(one that comes to mind had Labrador Retriever & it is quite a famous line too)so they are not Border Collies, but X breeds-even though they look like Border Collies.

Of course historically the Border Collie is a collie that comes from the borders of Scotland & England or Wales & England Hence the name "Border"collie, any other sheep working dogs were not classed as Border Collies but collies or sheepdogs.

This is why you do not find Border Collies classified at the or eligible for entry at the Scottish Breeds Canine Club Show-but the other Collie breeds are plus the Shetland Sheepdog
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Patch totaly with you on this
Why do their need to be 2 names and if there do why is it that the working dogs who made the breed not keep the name of BC?
My friends have 2 dogs from a hill sheep farm in the borders of scotlland
both the parents are border collies doing the jobs they have been bred to do
But as the farmer didnt get the papers (far more important things to do) then my friends dogs cannot be registered as border collies!! but they have to be called WSD's when one has been a pet all its life and the other one failed as a working dog

FIght the system there is no breed WSD you know you have a BC
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >