Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 10:26 AM

Back on the mend

Since our accident and my back has been bad, it seemed every thing made it hurt more: standing for more than 5 minutes, sitting for than 5 minutes, walking for more than 5 minutes - you get the picture!

This morning I needed to go and do a few things, so decided to drive the boys to school then go into town straight from there then I have until when I pick them up to rest.

Went to the doctors to fill in the form for repeat prescription, then into town to the Post Office to get the form to send off the tax disc from our written off car. Asda to get a few things. Drove home.

I am now sitting in comfort, laptop on my lap, hot chocolate on the table and the pain?

Not as bad as it has been!! Yes I have back ache and can feel muscles having spasms, but not like it was. I cooked dinner last night, just a simple dinner, but it made me ache and hurt so much I wanted to cry.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and fingers crossed I can go back to work Monday - if I do I will take it easy, luckily it's part time.

It's nice to feel a bit more like me!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 07:58 PM
It's great that your feeling better but don't rush back to work and make your back worst than it is. Backs are funny things when it comes to healing and you need to make sure you really are better! my mum slipped a disc years ago lifting a lab into the back of our car. she still suffers now because she didn't rest up for long enough.
take care
xx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Pleased you are feeling less pain but dont overdo things not worth chancing it, x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 08:54 PM
As some of you know, I have terrible bother when my back goes, and I know so well the "5 minute" syndrome. Most of the first couple of weeks is spent in tears.
However, I always find that the most comfortable place to sit is in my car - and can even drive it after a couple of weeks. Mind you, it's the getting in and out that's painful.
Delighted to hear there's improvement Trish. It takes ages, so please please don't rush back to work too quickly. A relapse is the last thing you want hon xox
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm so pleased you're feeling a bit better, do take it easy though. Take care x
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:59 PM
My plan is to take it easy for the next few days - as I have been - and to go in Monday with the understanding if it is too much I will go home.

Thankyou for the good wishes! xx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Advice please!

My plan as you know is to return to work on Monday, but I understand that backs can take a long time to heal. My MIL and Kev are concerned that if I return to my job (Teaching Assistant/Senior Lunchtime Supervisor) before my back has improved more then I could make things worse.

It does feel a great deal better. I would now describe it as very very bad back ache with a bit of pain/discomfort, rather than lots of pain and a lot of discomfort.

I have a prescription to pick up tomorrow afternoon for Diclofenac (anti inflammatory). Wondering if I should see a doctor and talk about whether I should return to work Monday or not.

I need some advice!!!! (any doctors out there?!)
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 08:17 AM
My back not feeling so good this morning.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Been back to the doctor - signed off for another week and am to see a physiotherapist.

I was really hoping to go back to work on Monday, so am feeling a bit p'd off. I feel useless.