Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2010, 10:44 AM

1st season?

right a bit of a dillemer here lola has turned 4 months yesterday and i have noticed this kind of yellowish discharge around her bits ive gooled what it could be and there was a reply of a lady who had a lab come on to season @ 3months.
ive noticed shes cleaning around her self quite a bit and our chi male has been sniffing around quite a bit he never gets the chance to do anything as theyre never left alone for any longer than 10 seconds.

could this be she is in season or is it a infection please help
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:47 AM
If it's yellowish I would whisk her up to the vet pretty quickly...I don't want to alarm you but it could be an infection and they can get pretty nasty pretty quickly.

Another dog or bitch would sniff round another that has anything unusual occuring, whether it be a season or not, but it doesn't sound like a season to me.

Hope she's going to be ok.
kellymcg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:59 AM
my female has only had 3 seasons and shes never had any yellow discharge, i would take her to the vet just to be on the safe side, they might just give her an antibiotic jag to clear it up
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2010, 11:39 AM
could it be vaginitus?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 02:39 PM
It could be anything but I would be worried it was the start of Pyo, if it is something as serious as that you need to get her to a vet asap.

I have never, in all my years of owning bitches, had any that gave of anything other than a blood stained discharge when in season.

There are a number of people on here that have had lucky escapes with their bitches by their prompt action in getting them to a vet.

As I said before, I don't want to alarm you but, if she were mine, she would already have been seen by a vet, weekend or no weekend/day or night.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2010, 02:43 PM
trouble is the vet here is closed and is very hard to get a hold of i have booked her a apointment for tomorow morning and hopefully its nothing to serious
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by steve78 View Post
trouble is the vet here is closed and is very hard to get a hold of i have booked her a apointment for tomorow morning and hopefully its nothing to serious
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad, and hopefully it isn't anything to worry about, I would have hated it for us to just say keep an eye on her and then you lost her or she ended up having emergency surgery, that would be so tragic.

Fingers crossed everything is ok, please let us know how you get on at the vets tomorrow
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-07-2010, 11:22 AM
good news it wasnt anything serious it was a spot of vaginitus ive used tea tree oil and water and its stoped completley the vet said to keep a eye on her tho and repeat the treatment for a few days just to be on thesafe side
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by steve78 View Post
good news it wasnt anything serious it was a spot of vaginitus ive used tea tree oil and water and its stoped completley the vet said to keep a eye on her tho and repeat the treatment for a few days just to be on thesafe side
Phew, thats a relief Did they not offer you any antibiotics though, I would have thought she would need them
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-07-2010, 11:49 AM
yes we have a course of antibiotics but i prefere homeopathic remedys 1st option then if they dont work use the drugs but tg tea tree oil and echinesia is doing the biz
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >