Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Anyone had acute pancreatitis?

If so could you post here and let me know what it feels like? I know the symptoms, I just need to know how it feels!

Thanks.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I have not had it personally, but my dog Daisy had it sometime ago and she was really ill, she could not eat and had to go on a drip and has been on a special diet ever since. A friend that used to work with me, her husband had it too and he was taken into hospital and put on a drip also. He had terrible stomach pains and is not able to eat fatty foods anymore.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
I have not had it personally, but my dog Daisy had it sometime ago and she was really ill, she could not eat and had to go on a drip and has been on a special diet ever since. A friend that used to work with me, her husband had it too and he was taken into hospital and put on a drip also. He had terrible stomach pains and is not able to eat fatty foods anymore.
I think that's the bit that worries me the most!

Seriously though, thanks for the reply. Pancreatitis can be very serious and fatal on occasions, so it's nice to here of two tales where it's been survived.