Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2013, 06:38 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Good morning everyone.
A frosty chilly start here but the sun is shining and looks like it may be another lovely and slightly warmer day today.
I got a relatively good nights sleep again Gorden didn't the sock came off before bedtime and so Gorden ended up on the sofa.
I had a brain wave when I got up not sure what went wrong in that department. Try a Piriton to stop the irritation so he has had one and we will see if that helps it must be as annoying for him as us. I checked the AB's do not carry any of the same ingredients so they should not work against each other in a bad way.
We just need to know we can leave him laying somewhere and one of us not constantly watching him all the time in case he niggles it as it is clearing up nicely now without the bandage on . We need to be getting on with the niggly jobs and its quicker if two of us can do them.
He is getting short walks but not as long as his usual ones so that isn't tiring him out although he is being very good and restful which has surprised me. So fingers crossed the Piriton gives him and us some relief.

A special mention for Bev today. Happy Birthday.

I hope Lily is better today.

Helena are you back home and are the electrics on ?
Jackie I hope you had a better night with Millie and that she is getting better.
Malka I am hoping you and Pereg had a good nights rest and seizure free.
To everyone else I hope you are all feeling well today pets and all and that you are also enjoying this lovely sunny weather and that it is recharging your batteries.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I had a lovely birthday meal last night with my family and they all piled back here afterwards which was great. I still feel stuffed this morning though as we ate so much.
Lily is much better this morning and has scoffed down her breakfast so I will be going on the greyhound walk with her and all our greyhound friends at Orwell Country Park this morning. Charly and Ash said they will come too so that will be really lovely.

Lynn has Dillon got a kong to keep him occupied and take his mind off his foot. If so freeze it so it takes longer to extract the goodies from inside. You could also do some brain games with him to wear him out mentally. Feet are a pain arn't they, my goodness I know after months and months of foot problems.

Malka I hope Pereg is staying seizure free and you got a good nights sleep.

H hope you have your lounge back now.

Take care all and hope all you and your doggies are well. Enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

I had a lovely birthday meal last night with my family and they all piled back here afterwards which was great. I still feel stuffed this morning though as we ate so much.
Lily is much better this morning and has scoffed down her breakfast so I will be going on the greyhound walk with her and all our greyhound friends at Orwell Country Park this morning. Charly and Ash said they will come too so that will be really lovely.

Lynn has Dillon got a kong to keep him occupied and take his mind off his foot. If so freeze it so it takes longer to extract the goodies from inside. You could also do some brain games with him to wear him out mentally. Feet are a pain arn't they, my goodness I know after months and months of foot problems.

Malka I hope Pereg is staying seizure free and you got a good nights sleep.

H hope you have your lounge back now.

Take care all and hope all you and your doggies are well. Enjoy your day.
Morning Bev so glad Lily is feeling better and that you enjoyed your evening last night.
Have a lovely day today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2013, 07:16 AM

Dogs, feet, socks, boots - what a performance. I hope Dillon stops taking his sock off so that Gorden does not have to sleep on the couch again tonight.

Happy Birthday Bev! I am glad you enjoyed your birthday meal, and hope today's Greyhound walk is a good one.

I would like to be able to say I had a good night's sleep but Da Booger decided she needed a pee and/or poo just 59 minutes after I put the light out and zonked off. She then wanted to go out again about 3 hours later, and was still flonked out when I got up to get her 7am pill. Only managed about another hour after that so I am still very bleary-eyed.

The washing is in the machine and will then go in the dryer, and that is all I intend to do today. Anything else can wait.Pereg's food diary has been written out for the week so I do not have to think about it - and I am having cold chicken and salad. I do not eat breakfast, my main meal [salads from now on] is some time during the afternoon, and my evening "meal" will be yoghurt with Chia seeds.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Malka and fellow members,

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDYBev and I'm pleased you enjoyed your birthday meal. Enjoy your walkies with all the greys

Lynn, I'm glad you had a relatively good night with Dillon. It must be very tiring having to watch him all the time - hopefully now that the abs should have kicked in it will heal quickly. How's the wound under his tail? Enjoy your day!

Malka - great news that Pereg is still seizure free Try and get a nap today to catch up on lack of sleep.

Helena - I hope you're surviving all the DIY. ((hugs))

Just waiting for my OH and brother to get up before cooking breakfast then going for our walk to Painshill. Quite a thick frost on the grass still but with the sun out it should go very quickly.

I hope all sick dogs, people are feeling better today. Take care and see you later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning all so far and all who follow!

Happy Birthday to Bev

Hope things continue to improve with Dillon Lynn.

Malka - a relief to read Pereg is still steady. I echo the above try and get a nap today.

Helena - slow down girl! Seriously hope you are at least warm while all works and improvements etc. continue.

Jenny.g enjoy your bright frosty walk.

We are off to some arty exhibition up the road where there is going to be free strawberries and cream and free beer (new brewery here giving samples!)

Then plan is to eat late lunch or early dinner down on Makenzy beach at Gorgona - Romanian chef and we love the food there.

Sun is shining and all is well with the world here.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Everyone, Good to see you all doing well except poor Gordon and Malka who could do with some more sleep. I got up with a bad back could hardly move but 'walking' Amber has freed it up a bit. I have taken some paracetamol on top of my tramadol which I cannot take before 9 as they are every 6 hours and I last took them at 3 am. Have a good day everyone. God bless.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning all..........Lynn glad you had an OK night with Dillon, Bev happy Birthday,Malka - good news about Pereg , H hope the work is sorted soon.

Another bad night with Millie, something is not right here, will be on the phone first thing Monday, to try and see Will, then I guess its xrays from there.

Have a good one folks, x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Hello!
Sun is shining here but I don't know how long for though.
Poor old Dillon and the sock saga, hope you manage to sort it out.
H take care and as Tang says, slow down
Bev happy birthday, hope it's a good 'un for you.
Jenny and Tang hi and hope you both have a good day.
LL sorry to hear about your back,I hope it soon improves.

Well I have picked the rhubarb from the garden so I am going to make a crumble now to have with ice cream for afters today
Back later.

edited to say just seen your post Jackie sorry Millie is still having probs hope you can sort her tomorrow.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Bev. Have a good 'un xx

So pleased to hear that Lily is feeling a bit better.

Lynn, have you tried putting a strip of micropore tape around the top on the sock (only on the sock itself not on his fur) to lessen any give in it so that it doesn't come off so easily? Might help a little.

Sounds like Pereg is doing better now, thank heavens. Hopefully, she will continue and go from strength to strength again.

It's sunny here, but still cold. Looks like it might be the same as yesterday which will be nice - although it was still hat and coat weather, the wind didn't cut right through.

I had a spurt of energy and cleaned the front windows outside yesterday. Couldn't feel my hands when I came in but I certainly felt the two bites I got for my trouble - they've been itching ever since. I must taste lovely. I've still got the marks from the ninety thousand bites I got last summer and if I'm getting them when it's this cold outside, I dread to think what this year will bring.

Just our 'same old' today so a nice day in store.

Have a good 'un all and enjoy the day xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »