View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2012, 07:22 PM
lol, I am actually finding this interesting, which is quite worrying!

Mine are either 2 or 4 (unless they are ill).

From what I can make out, after studying their habits for a few years, 2 is normal poo. and 4 is when it goes through more quickly. So for instance, they will do a 2, but if we carry on and they poo again, it's more like a 4. But if they wait to do their next poo for a few hours, it will be a 2.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post
Mine are on Orijen & they do no 2's too, do you get it?
I was furiously trying to think of a joke about number 2's on my original post but it was too late and my brain had already gone to bed

The weirdest poo mine ever did was when the found and ate some discarded deer legs out on a walk, those poo's were properly hairy !
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I watched the programme, and I was disappointed it was such a small segment (I only watched it for that!).

I did notice though, that they said the meat that goes in to dog food has to come from animals that are fit for human consumption, so doesn't that mean that it could be any part of that animal?

My two are raw fed and are either 1 or 2.

A dog I walk is fed on a mix of Wainwrights kibble and trays, and his are disgusting. He is always about a 4 or 5, and they stink to high heaven and are almost impossible to pick up...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Cannot believe I am doing this..

But raw fed, mine are on a 1-2. Louie does the odd squitty one after his 1-2's
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 09:52 PM
My two are on cheapo kibble atm and are largely doing 1s...norm is usually 2 - 4.
I'm assuming 2 is the ideal?
Like SLB I can't quite believe I am discussing this
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Hmmmm Whisper is between 2-3 I think...... am happier when it's more of a 2 than a 3!

If she's been given too many odd treats by my beloved; it is more like a 3 so I always know if he's been naughty!

She only does two a day though and is very regular.
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Well as a fairly new dog owner I'm really pleased with this thread, its given a good comparison and dispelled some of my concerns.

So long as Rosie only eats her kibble and treats which are free from raw hide she is a 2-3 girl.

The sloppy poos that she does occasionally are 5, they are few and far between now and are usually when she's very excited or when she's managed to get hold of something she shouldn't. We've now learned her capabilities and it's very mush rarer to coming down in the morning and say, how the hell did she get hold of that! I'm certain she models her exploits on that scene from kung fu panda when the master finally works out how to train Po.

Edit: After a raw bone its a 1 BTW.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

I did notice though, that they said the meat that goes in to dog food has to come from animals that are fit for human consumption, so doesn't that mean that it could be any part of that animal?

I think it depends on the wording on the packaging, Meat Meal, has to be just that, meat, without feathers, beaks, hooves or feet.
But if the wording said Chicken Meal, then that could mean the whole bird.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
About time somebody wised me up on what dog poo actually should look like !!! What a great thread, and I'm happy to say, the first poo of the day is normally a No. 1 (here I go, showing off again, but it's truuuuuue)

But surely No.1 is not the best

I would have thought that No.3 is the one which shows the best health.

Baruska has been through the entire range from 1 to 7 but I did see hers yesterday and it was No.3
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Lol H On closer inspection of those poo's, you're right, I like the No. 2 score, and that would be the perfect poop, classed as a roly poly, cylindrical and firm and would roll (if dropped on a slope lol!) I've done a lot of research in the past on poops and I found a brilliant website once, written by a nurse, with every single poo explained in great detail.

Score 1 is not so good, it's too small for my liking along with being too hard, but at least it would keep the anal glands nice and clean.

Oh I could stay in here forever
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >