Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Dogs watching TV

My Dog Scout is the first dog I've ever seen watch tv. Everytime there's an animal on the TV she jumps up and leaps at the TV... it's really funny...

But, My sister's Westie, is HILARIOUS!!! She'll sit and watch TV for Hours (once watching the enitire movie: The Golden Compass! She always whines and jumps at animals on tv, or commercials, and though this is a tad annoying for Lauren and her OH, they cant seem to stop it.

She even recognises the music for the commercials she especially likes, and will drop everything to come watch the commercial.

I got a phone call from my histerical sister yesterday... apparently, Lauren found Annabelle's favorite commercial on you tube... OMG Annabelle was having histarics! and Lauren and I were both laughing so hard we were crying! I could barely breath!

So I told Lauren to take a video of this phenomina... Poor Annabelle, I think we were torturing her! LOL but she got the video!

This is the vid. of the commercial Annabelle likes

And the video of Annabelle's reaction to it when it's on the computer, not the TV!

Does anyone else have togs that watch TV? react like that? Though I'm told Westies LOVE watching TV
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Parker likes watching tv too but I tend to discourage this as the last thing I want is wuffing in my ears all through a programme! If there's something I particularly want to watch with animals in I get my husband to take Parker in the study with him.

Parker's favourite programme is "The adventures of Sherlock Holmes" because he likes wuffing at the mode of transport they use!
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 10:37 AM
We had a westie when i lived at home with my parents.
And she would go nutty at the tv.
The Lloyds TSB advert had a black horse at the very end of the comercial run accross the screen, she would wait through the whole lot just to catch a glimps of the black horse that was on for all of 1 second.
Do you remember the tv programme bread? the opening image was a pottery chicken, the dog could be lying in her bed in the kitchen but the moment the theme tune came on she would run into the living room and attack the tv.
it was so funny.
Toby does look if there are other animals on screen but he doesnt watch it as such.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-03-2011, 10:37 AM

That did make me laugh, I have a theory that certain sounds, like the opening chorus in Speedy Gonzales, must sound a bit like some animals might make in the wild (That might also explain why it was quite a big hit when first recorded )

Anyway, yes one of ours will look at the TV if their are dogs baraking 'tho they don't go as far as to watch the whole programme that really is amazing