Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 03:14 PM

Dog falls foul of school inspectors

A West Highland Terrier found itself in the dog house with schools inspectors after being taken in by a head teacher.

Rosie, an 11-year-old rescue dog, was in danger of being banned from The New School in Exminster, Devon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/8407859.stm

Not sure i agree with a dog being in a school unspervised but there main concern was kids not washing there hands!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Hopefully it will make them realize the importance of washing your hands after handling pets.

Sounds like a nice idea a school having a pet dog.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
i think it's a great idea especially at the moment with all the hype about aggressive dogs in the news.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I think its great the head takes her dog into work, although I am not sure about the fact it wanders around the school unattended, to be honest, not all kids are animal friendly, and I would be concerned about something happening to the dog, I think also its not very nice having it having accidents in the school, I would have thought that the dog was taken out on a regular basis for this, makes you wonder if the dog is actually inside the school premises all day without being taken outside for breaks? glad they got the all clear though, this will hop[efully set a precident and other teachers may be able to do the same, its all good IMO as it educates kids on dog ownership.

Mo