Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Dog facial expressions

Does your dog has very obvious expressions for various things?

I was thinking this morning about the expressions on Tilly's face and the "I want to go for a walk NOW" expression is such a serious & urgent look & it gets me every time She'd already been for a walk this morning, we went as soon as it was light & don't normally go until 9.30am - but for some reason, since 10am, even though she had a good 30 minutes on the field with ball she's been sitting giving me "the look & the paw" & won't go away!! So I relented & took her for a 10 minute round the block & she's happy now!!
Others are when she doesn't understand, she cocks her head to the side & looks at me as if I'm stoopid! and of course there's sitting tall & pretty when there's a treat involved
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Obi has the best ever look of disgust and also has the best evil eyes that he manages to usually save for my dad!lol
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 12:43 PM
jake does the confused cocked to the side expression, its soooo cute but its like he is saying 'what an earth are you going on about??'.

he also gives me a face when he wants food... and i cant resist it. this morning, i was having a roll and sausage and when i got to the last bite he started frantically giving me a paw and giving me the 'face' of course, i had to give him it...
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Louis get boogley eyes when he wants to play, when he is hungry he goes the woe is me look
Scratch just stares and stares until I get the message
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I get the PLEAAASSEEEE NOW! look when I have a plastic bottle, or anything biscuit related...even just the box the biscuits come in is enough to get the please now look. We also get the 'who did that look' if we tap him on the backside and he doesn't see us immediately, he will spin round looking very surprised.

Oh and there's the 'I wanna fight' look, his ears are up, his face is very alert and then he will bark at you sternly then bounce at you if you don't take him on.

The faces they pull are hilarious
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Marius is very expressive - sometimes you'd swear he was human!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 06:21 PM
GSDs have very expressive faces. Shamus just always looks slightly confused!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Tilly does get the look of a stroppy teenager when she's stopped from doing something she thinks is great fun but i think will wreck the house!