Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 04:36 PM

Tick or Coincidence?

Last night my friend found a tick on her dogs leg...it wasn't white as we remember ticks to be but black...not sure if it was already dead but it was stuck fast so we killed it with flea spray and when it was dead we took it off without any probs...checked and the whole tick had come out fully..no bits were left behind...anyway the dog seemed fine last night and ok this morning but by mid morning he was very sleepy and his legs were wobbly...not his usual lively self...he's normally a very barky dog and into everything...he ate his dinner fine and is going to the toilet no probs...was this something to do with the tick or just a coincidence? She made an appointment to see the vet tonight but after his afternoon walk he seems much better and so she cancelled it...it's as if he had been drugged and needed to walk it off...any ideas? Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I've just read the symptoms of Lymes Disease and it is unlikely that your dog has this as symptoms take a few days or longer to develop.
Becky
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-07-2007, 05:06 PM
The reason the tick was black is because it was full of blood. I find it easier to twist them out with a pair of tweezers. Fly was covered a few months ago, i pulled over 70 ticks off her, paddock had around a dozen and i even had one on me. I checked them the evening before and they were clear, so that was from just one night in the woods they got them