Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Coz they are male...

Na.. I reckon it's a hormone thing... his body prepairing it's self etc.... Just like human baby boys sometimes get little tell tale signs that their bits are working (sorry difficult to find a polite way of putting that )
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Tylers 1 year old tomorrow,although we have passed the stage of him humping bedding toys etc,he now tries it on with any dogs if he gets the chance,he's not fussy about gender niether
I'm just hoping he will grow out of it.......
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 11:26 PM
My boy has never done it, he is 2...Only if he is wrestling with my other dog and he happens to fall into position do the cogs start turning in his little brain and no sooner has he tried to cling on she whips around and he falls off and forgets what he was doing...lol and even that is rare.

My girl on the other hand went through a stage of humping all the dogs she met out on walks when they were playing!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 11:34 PM
My two do it!! Harvey mainly to Archie, but then Archie will sometimes.

When Harvey was here alone (before Archie) he used to do it to a particular teddy (which was removed poor love) and it stopped.

I just distract them, but today on a walk Harvey tried it on with another dog hormones racing all over the place.

Both boys are 13 months old..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi mj I really don't see mounting as a problem and it isn't exclusively dogs who mount, bitches do it too, the best course of action is to distract them in some way.

If you have a lot of puppies/dogs together they often mount each other, I look upon it as part of growing up, a rehearsal of reproductive behaviour, teenagers go behind the bike sheds for a cigarette and a fumble puppies mount each other.
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2007, 05:34 PM
He's been a lot better have been distracting him with his toys and he's not climbing on my leg or visitors as often so maybe he's settling down now, thanks for all the comments.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2