View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: legal driving age for the uk roads
rise the age. 17 62.96%
lower the age 2 7.41%
keep the same 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

28-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Maturity doesn't always come with age, and some never achieve it.

However I have voted to raise the age to 21, at least some of the boy racers would have got over their stupidity at that age. But unfortunately not all.

Stan
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-03-2005, 08:06 PM
very true Stan Sandy
Junkers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-04-2005, 09:27 AM
well over the last few weeks i have had more shots in the car (the old 1) driving up and down a dirt track and after a while it seems to be easyer to operate the clutch and gears and still stay in sync with the steering but iam still to young to drive on a public road. but i think if more people got driving skills on a dirt track or some form of private land there would maybe be less deaths on the road.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2005, 10:43 AM
I disagree. A private lot or dirt track does nothing for your defensive driving skills. Experience, IMO, comes from driving with other idiots on the road and learning how to react to them.
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I think, even though I'm 17 now, the age limit should be higher. I know myself I have too much confidence and not enough control and I don't yet have a licence! Continully I am being told to slow down, I'm not proud, but I have the confidence but I don't the the control, I'm continuly telling myself I'm not an experianced driver but a learner. I am not causing accidents but unless I calm down in my driving I will fail my test with about 50 minors! I think we do need to up the age limit and limit the engine size. For my own benifit!

BTW will people stop stero typing the "boy" racers please, us girls arn't always the innocent!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ice_Queen

BTW will people stop stero typing the "boy" racers please, us girls arn't always the innocent!
Yes we are
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Sorry I'm abit of why should girls get away with being clean, and vica versa. I just don't want racers to always be boys, and the problem is boys always think girls won't accelerate for example which is so annoying, justv becaus eI'm female and have "L" plates doesn't mean I can't drive, it just means I haven't yet been enterd for my test!!!!! I hope I don't go breaking the speed limits and put myself and others at risk, but lets face the facts for once. I hate being the girly girl! Just because Ib wear alot of pink (because I like the colour) and my hair is blond, doesn't meen I want to be treated like a girl! If I wanted to wear blue or green I would! (I think)

OkOk I'm innocent when it suits me!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4