Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 10:20 AM
how is he hannah? Okay i hope!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Hope all is well now Hannah, it does usually happen but they tend to get back into a rhythm after a day or two, fresh water will keep him going, give kisses and hugs from me xxxxxxxx
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Tried to update sooner but havent had chance! Loki was very quiet when I got home last night, I started to really worry but after alittle while seemed his normal self again think i may have woken him though so he was still abit sleepy at first, he got really excited on our walk (only his third so far so its still very new and exciting!) and gulped his tea down like normal so maybe he just wasnt hungry yesterday dinnertime. So Im pleased to say Loki seems fine and back to his normal greedy self!

Thankyou all for asking after him and for the advice yesterday, I know I worry too much but better that than miss something impotant! Loki sends big licks (and propably a few nips on the nose knowing loki! But we're working on that!)
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Could be he is ready to drop a meal, try a bit extra at his other meals and stop the lunch time one.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Glad Loki sounds a little better give him kisses from me xxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm pleased Loki is back to normal and sounds like he just wasn't hungry when he wouldn't eat. Good on you for noticing it and worrying coz you can't be too careful with a puppy. Glad he's ok though
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Could be he is ready to drop a meal, try a bit extra at his other meals and stop the lunch time one.
We were going to drop a meal after this week cause he'll be on 12 weeks then, he has four at the mo we were going to drop the evening meal may see if he's interested today if hes not going to eat the lunch time meal theres no point giving him it! Is two meals a day too few at his age? Would like to cut down his evening meal as it doesnt give him so long before bed to go toilet and if we're busy and he has it alittle late I have to get up in the night to put him out but if he has it early enough to go before bed he sleeps through.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I may be wrong Hannah, but I have read you should always give the biggest meal at night????? Mine have 3 meals a day but their largest meal is at night, someone will know, but that's what I always thought anyway
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks Trixie and Helena, I am so relieved he is ok, was really worried yesterday!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:21 PM
It does not matter which meal you drop first, I usually let the pup decide but if a different meal suits you best then go for that. We usually find it is the lunch time one first and then the late night one, but there are no rules so do what you find best. Don’t forget to increase the other meals at the same time as dropping one.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >