View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Thats lovely, I keep looking for a decent throw to go over my sofas that hairs dont latch onto that are tough enough for a big dog to jump onto without putting nails through the material, I have bought loads over the years bedspreads and the like to try and solve the problem, nylon throws end up with pulls,wool or cotton ones let hairs cling to them and never been really happy with any of the ones I have bought, if you can make something like that, and made out of material that meets all the above mentioned I would definately be a customer in fact I am sure there are MANY people that are in the same situation as myself and there is a BIG market for such an item.

Mo
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:58 PM
That's lovely! I really like the purple fabrics and the patched binding, did you use a bias or straight binding?

Vicki, make sure Mya wipes her paws before she gets on it!

J.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh Suzie, you clever girl that is just brilliant! Aren't you lucky Vicki!!!

xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Mya is one lucky girl! Well done Tillymint, beautiful work and so thoughtful of you.x
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 03:45 PM
wow love it, very well made!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Thats lovely, I keep looking for a decent throw to go over my sofas that hairs dont latch onto that are tough enough for a big dog to jump onto without putting nails through the material, I have bought loads over the years bedspreads and the like to try and solve the problem, nylon throws end up with pulls,wool or cotton ones let hairs cling to them and never been really happy with any of the ones I have bought, if you can make something like that, and made out of material that meets all the above mentioned I would definately be a customer in fact I am sure there are MANY people that are in the same situation as myself and there is a BIG market for such an item.

Mo
yes you & me both, The only suitable fabric I can think of is a piece of laminated MDF - not too comfy though!!, I'm making Tilly another another one - but my colours are black & red with a bit of yellow (doesn't show the muck ) I originally made a baby one & the idea for doggie ones came from there They are addictive though & I have 2 more baby ones to make

Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
That's lovely! I really like the purple fabrics and the patched binding, did you use a bias or straight binding?

Vicki, make sure Mya wipes her paws before she gets on it!

J.
Thanks & Vicki chose the purple colours - they were lovely No I didn't use bias - as there were no curves I didn't need to, so I made a straight binding by stitching the different colour purple strips together.

Thanks for your comments everyone and has Mya been on it yet Vicki? or do I need to unpick her name & change it to Lennon
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 06:02 PM
That is beautiful
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
has Mya been on it yet Vicki? or do I need to unpick her name & change it to Lennon
Not in front of me (although what she does whilst I am at work is a mystery).

....and Lennon's full name is "Lenny Benny Bo-Benny Banana", as you well know

x0x
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:40 PM
What a wonderful present that is.. how talented. I can't even sew a hem straight! Do you take orders Tillymint? You could make a fortune.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Wow, that's a gorgeous quilt! You could make a fortune making and selling those I reckon!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >