Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:47 AM

Kennels???

About once in a month we have to go away for the day and can't take the dogs Until now we've dropped them off with a dog sitter and collected them on our way home. However she's giving up and I've been exploring alternatives.
I found a place that does day boarding and went to have a look with the dogs. Then they went back to stay for a couple of hours on their own to get to know the place etc.
It seems good, only 12 kennels, very clean, modern etc. I can drop them in the morning and collect them at night and it also does boarding so they could be left overnight in a familiar place.
This place doesn't walk the dogs but has secure exercise areas where groups of 4 or 5 dogs play together with supervision. She meets the dogs and sees how they are with her own dogs before they're allowed to mix. Does this sound OK? Or should I be worried about them playing with dogs I don't know when I'm not there? They'd be out of kennels playing about 5 or 6 times.
Also does anyone know how do I check if its licensed for dogs mixing and not just for boarding?
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:01 AM
I personally wouldn't want mine mixing with the other dogs. If you are happy with the place why don't you ask if it would be possible for yours to be let out on their own?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
if you know your dog is good with other dogs and the kennel dogs have all been assessed and checked to your satisfaction, including vaccines, then i think it a great idea he gets some play mates