Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 04:41 PM

So called 'responsible' people arn't always what they seem

A couple months ago Keena did the unthinkable - this girl never leaves my side around the home...

She had a bit of a poorly tummy and usually I will stay up round the clock with either of them if they need it but I knew it was just one of those things that would blow over - as you just tend to know with your own dogs.

Anyway she wanted out in the garden but didn't want to come back in at the time so for the first time ever I just shut the kitchen door to therest of the house but left the kitchen door open for her to come in and I had put her bed in the kitchen.

Well Keena wasn't happy with the arrangement apparently - not one bit...So what did she do?...She figured if she couldn't get in the kitchen door she would leave the garden and ask to come in at the front door.

Ok so we have 6ft fencing in which she has never shown interest in going over as she is never out there when we are out and that is the only time she would want to leave. Ahhh but under the gate there was a gap of about 5".

Well I never did think she would be so desparate to get back into us knowing we were still at home but apparently she couldn't bare the separation and wanted back with us no matter what (we were sleeping).

I had no idea a big dog could squash it's self so low like a cat! But they can because Keena shimmied out under this 5" gap and would have gone to the front door to be let in except she got distracted and followed some old fart around with a little dog apparently.

We were woken up by a very annoyed old guy who talked to us like we let this sort of thing occur all the time - yet anyone that knows me knows I live for my pooches and wouldn't dream of it. He just didn't believe that she would have squeezed out from under this gap and acted like we just let her wander around because we like it. He went on. He exaggerated saying she had been out since 6am following him and his pooch around the neighbourhood the whole time. Sorry but who walks there dog around the same block for 2 hours straight - Don't think so...AND if she had been following him this long why not bring the silly goof ball home before 2hrs passed...Well whatever, what happened happened.

So the responsible part! I'm not talking about me here! but this mans very fake responsible facade...I'll tell you why!...

He acted like we were terrible when I know full well this was a very one off 'one of those things' My dogs get my care and attention 24hrs a day and this was one of those freak occurances - even so I learned from it. But anyway...

This guy acting hollier than thou like he is the neighbourhood police etc etc...What does he do this morning????....He was seen this A.M Letting his dog take a crap in the middle of the road - no probs with that - but the overly responsible cantankerous old git left it there!! Doesn't faze me a whole great deal but what a big hypocrit!

Goes to show when you have someone in your face ranting on making you feel like you are a totally irresponsible owner that things arn't always what they seem and you may well by far be the better out the two.

Some people
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 04:44 PM
They are the worse kind of people, those who KNOW how to act responsibly but don't!
Becky
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Yep...those that know and talk down to other people when they get the opportuntity but then when they think no one can see......

lol
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Tut! Yes, it's usually he who shouts loudest ...

Glad she is okay anyway, after her little adventure. Clever girl!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeeessss....

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone......

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Thump!
Becky
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:26 PM
pity u didnt have a camera handy, a piccy of him and what his dog was doing would be great ammo for IF (and i dont think it would happen again) but if it did u could tell him to shove it in his pipe
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Nah if you have evidence like that you blow it up poster size and put it on a wall near his house.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:42 PM
people and glass houses come to mind,tell him to go clean up his crap before he preaches to you the git xx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Glad she is okay anyway, after her little adventure. Clever girl!!!
To clever for her own good

We were at my mums and I put them in the garden breifly and shut the door...She promtly jumped the 4ft gate came round to the front of the house and sat at the front door so she could make herself more noticible and get let in...She could have ran off anywhere but she didn't want to she just wanted to be back with us - (separation anxiety )

I have always been ever so careful since then but I honestly didn't imagine she would shimmey under a tiny gap or even be able to - all just because the kitchen door was shut. I know she would have been sitting at the front door as that would have been her only intent but she saw the old git with his pooch and followed him trying to play with his dog - certainly not because she liked him! She isn't a 'people dog' anyway. luckily we live on the quietest estate.

Thing is this man wasn't bothered about her safety that wasn't his issue it was that she was getting on his nerves following him around - bless her.

We blocked up the small gap which she is fine with but dare I step outside the garden and she lays on her side trying to peer out the less than 1" gap left to clear the pavement when the gate is opened and she lays there trying to keep an eye on me. Keena is a dog that just wants to be with you every minuet. She would never escape to leave me but she will do whatever necessary to be with me! even Kody was trying to crawl out the small gap of an open window in the living room when I was out mowing the lawn - luckily he is far to big to do any squeezing and not graceful enough for the cat like techniques Keena uses. Though he does try to use bulldozer tactics

That mans left dog **** is now squashed in the road and in some other unlucky ? tire or shoe The 'sin / stones' saying is so true.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >