Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:17 AM

Insuring more than one dog

Anyone found any decent policies that will give discounts formore than one dog insured?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Most policies will if you ask them.
Becky
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:19 AM
M&S, 5% online and 5% multi pet, not renewed so not sure what happens the follwoing yr.
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I used Direct Line when I had two dogs. I have to say I had to claim three times within two years for one of my dogs and they paid up every time, no quibble and quickly. I unfortunately had to have one pts recently and now pay £16 per month for my male bassett but it did cost me £24 for two. I won't change them though, I think you really find out how good your policy is when you have to claim.

Sarah
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 10:51 PM
E&L, they do a discount for mutiple policy holders.
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks for your replies. I shall be phoning round later
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 09:42 AM
As Mahooli already said most insurance companies do a discount for a second dog. I am with More Than and I get a discount from them.

E & L [I was with them many years ago] but they do not get a good name when it comes to paying out they may be cheap but cheap is not always the best. I am on another forum and on there they would not touch them with a barge pole.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
As Mahooli already said most insurance companies do a discount for a second dog. I am with More Than and I get a discount from them.

E & L [I was with them many years ago] but they do not get a good name when it comes to paying out they may be cheap but cheap is not always the best. I am on another forum and on there they would not touch them with a barge pole.
I've submitted two claims with E&L, they paid up OK, however, I had to wait a few weeks before I recieved payment.
It does take a while for them to process the claims.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I've submitted two claims with E&L, they paid up OK, however, I had to wait a few weeks before I recieved payment.
It does take a while for them to process the claims.

You were fortunate then. On the one and only occasion I made a claim with them it took them a few months in fact it was if I remember almost five months and I just don't find that acceptable especially since this was many years ago and not so many people had pet insurance then.