Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 02:55 PM

Do you walk more than 2 dogs?

at any one time???

just a question/discussion really - i have 3 dogs, 2 collies n a well, we thought sprollie (springer collie mix) but we think millie is crossed with something else now - thats another story

anyhow - the other week, i walked all 3 together - never again - 2 pulled, one walked like a crab! lol

so now i take the 2 collies and come bk for millie - but it woudl be easier walking the altogether...

so - how do you cope with walking more than 2 dogs, or do you have to make 2 trips? do you use a particular type of lead (made for 2+)

Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I have 5 dogs and usually walk all together but our house backs straight onto a field so I only ever have maybe one or two on a lead - I wouldn't want to take 5 on a 100% on lead walk!!! I'd get Mr. Tickle arms!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:06 PM
thats what i mean!

ive seen this person who lives near me who walks 5 labs,under total control, they are so well behaved, all on a lead

and then theres me, 3 dogs on lead pulling my arms out
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I have 5 dogs and usually walk all together but our house backs straight onto a field so I only ever have maybe one or two on a lead - I wouldn't want to take 5 on a 100% on lead walk!!! I'd get Mr. Tickle arms!
Same for me - I walk six but have three on lead which includes the pup - but I too have the woods/fields directly at the back of my house so it isn't far - thankfully!

Although I have seen on other walks a chap who walks 5 labs and they all walk beautifully (in my dreams! ha ha!)
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:10 PM
I currently have 4 and walk them all together, they don't pull (much!) and whenever one gets added it's just the same. Have found that my lot actually teach other peoples dogs not to pull when they are with me!
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I currently have 4 and walk them all together, they don't pull (much!) and whenever one gets added it's just the same. Have found that my lot actually teach other peoples dogs not to pull when they are with me!
Becky

Becky when can I send my 5 down 'to be trained'
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Don't do big dogs sorry lol!
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Iwalk three boxers together unless lady wants mummy all to herself then i walk her alone and beau and skye together .,if lady wants to walk alone with me she plumps her bum down and wont budge till my oh takes skye and beau in another direction xxdk
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I walk my five together on leads, but I put them on twin leads.

Ruby and Max go on one lead, Onyx and Jess go on the other twin set and Skye goes on the single.

In answer to your question about pulling, No they don't, but as soon as they start to think about it I just tell them all to sit, and that way you regain control again without loosing your arms.
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I walk four on my own two off lead two on, but I have my own land
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >