View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:04 AM

WEIRD - got approaced to be on Caesar Milan!

OK, had a weird experience last night. After our puppy training class last night, my husband, Sookie (the Dobi puppy) and i stopped at the pub for a quick pint. We regularly do this and everyone LOVES her there! Anyway, she's fast asleep next to me when a guy comes over. This isn't unusual - once people spot the puppy, they often want a cuddle.
Anyway, this guy is American and starts asking us if we have ever heard of Caesar Milan and what we think of him. Not really wanting to get into a full blown slanging match i describe him as "controversial" which this guy then starts getting very defensive over and telling me how much good he does. The long and the short of it is that he then tells me that Caesar is coming to Essex and would we like to be part of his show. I very politely declined saying that my 13 week old puppy doesn't have any particular problems and that i can't see how putting her on stage in front of thousands of people with a trainer whose techniques i disagree with would be of any use. He didn't take it very well so we made our excuses and left.

Bizarre huh?!
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Essex eh? lots of 'hard' dogs here to sort out, or rather the owners...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi Sarah a bit of a cheek I would say. I don't like being approached by people trying to 'sell' me something and I would have probably told the man just that.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Very strange, I would not have been happy.
Did he have any ID on him or anything?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Should have told the publican chasing off customers is usually frowned on.
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Sarah a bit of a cheek I would say. I don't like being approached by people trying to 'sell' me something and I would have probably told the man just that.
Well that's just it Mini. I don't like that kind of thing anyway and i did end up being really rather sharp with him. I guess i may have felt differently if i had been there struggling to control my dog but it was just so strange. We'd just been told that at only 13 weeks Sookie has done so well at obedience we can move into the intermediate dog training class and she was behaving perfectly in the pub, so not exactly in dire need of Mr Milan's expertise
He was quite aggressive when we declined - apparantly we are "letting our puppy down" by not doing it. And no, he didn't have any ID, or at least none he showed us. Good thing it's a pub where we're well known and surrounded by friends (and fans of Sookie) because it would have been easy to be quite upset or intimidated by him. He was a big bloke too.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't have been as reserved as you! If someone started that I think I'd probably tell them I'd rather have cholera, and heaven help them if they started on the "you're letting your puppy down" schpeile on me!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm afraid I would really have upset the guy.

After telling him that I would need proper identification I'd have gone on to say that as I believe CM does far more harm than good, I frown on the forthcoming tour so definitely would not subject my dog to the guys particular style of training.

On saying that, it really doesn't sound as though the guy was genuine. I would imagine that there are many gullible people out there that would jump at the chance of their 15 minutes of fame regardless so touting in pubs really doesn't sound like something a TV company would do
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
How strange. I agree, it doesn't sound as though he is an official CM crew member, else I would have thought he'd have shown you some kind of id.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Hmmm, perhaps he was a big fan and wanted to give you the "he's coming to Essex, be sure to go to the show or let them use your dog" sort of thing, without actually being anything to do with the show.

If he is anything to do with the show then how awful

Glad you stuck to your guns and showed him the door, as it were.

Wys
x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >