Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
or it could be 'little man syndrome'?

(sorry little men only a joke)
Yeah I forgot to ad that my man syndrome comment was also a joke so all you dogsey male members/trainers that wasn't directed at you lol.

Calm assertive energy...blah blah blah what about positive assertive energy because as a rule in both animals & ppl, wouldnt positive assertive energy have a more positive effect then 'bossy' energy? Man I'm starting to think that even an average joe like myself knows more about dogs & their behavior then he does.

Exp the EPs about the cattle dogs, exp the one where the dog pinned his owner while she was turning the bed down. There cm was crapping his pants as he stepped fwd with a tennis racket or something. I don't know about any other breed as well as this one & I could've seen that go very bad for everyone very quickly because cattle dogs are bred to meet force WITH Force.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It was in answer to something I'd written about calm, assertive energy being a catch phrase much like another trainer's catch phrase of 'Amechien Bonding'.

The former is the 'calm, assertive energy'
The latter being 'Amechian Bonding'

In answer to KW in respect of 'dog savvy' becoming a sales term, I think the other two have actually taken that mantle. Dog savvy is a term in general use and, to be honest, I doubt there are many out there that wouldn't expect a dog trainer to be dog savvy and would possibly think it a bit silly to promote that they are
Thanks Brierley I agree with you too
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Yeah I forgot to ad that my man syndrome comment was also a joke so all you dogsey male members/trainers that wasn't directed at you lol.

Calm assertive energy...blah blah blah what about positive assertive energy because as a rule in both animals & ppl, wouldnt positive assertive energy have a more positive effect then 'bossy' energy? Man I'm starting to think that even an average joe like myself knows more about dogs & their behavior then he does.

yep I see what you mean, pretty much what I think too, talks the talk about balance but there seems to be a lack of..

Exp the EPs about the cattle dogs, exp the one where the dog pinned his owner while she was turning the bed down. There cm was crapping his pants as he stepped fwd with a tennis racket or something. I don't know about any other breed as well as this one & I could've seen that go very bad for everyone very quickly because cattle dogs are bred to meet force WITH Force.
But dont you know he isnt just protecting himself with the racket, the dog thinks its his arm
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
You disagree with what? The kicking? The reference to energy? The over use of aversives? the former what and the latter what? (sorry you didnt quote so not sure what exactly your refering to?)
sorry

brierley quoted me. i replied to her.

and: yes, no, yes
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 12:46 AM

calm assertive energy is just the same as cool, calm, and collected.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I guess, I'm not saying that everything cm preaches or does is bad, I mean dogs NEED discipline, excersise & such but I don't agree with a majority of what he says. I'm sure he would have the motherload to say about Izze's behavior: when we are going in our utility vehicle here she barks & goes at the tires a little, I suppose that he would say she is being dominant or some poo like that. Also she wonders off & does her own thing while we are doing ours, but she always comes when I call her so poo on him lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
calm assertive energy is just the same as cool, calm, and collected.
Do you kick innocent people when you're cool, calm and collected? If you did I'd hope you'd get arrested at the very least.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Or... Do you crap your pants while your cool calm & collected lol lol.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Do you kick innocent people when you're cool, calm and collected? If you did I'd hope you'd get arrested at the very least.
Do you read posts properly, including reading the ones made discussing the same thing, to actually understand what the person has really been talking about before you post your reply?
If not, id hope you get called an idiot at the very least.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Or... Do you crap your pants while your cool calm & collected lol lol.
Obviously not, then you wouldnt be cool, calm, and collected.
Doh
It doesnt pay to follow someone elses lead when they have already shown themself to have stupidly written something completely unrelated to what another person has said
Its not big, and its not clever lol lol.
Page 16 of 49 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »