Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Faustino Mac
New Member!
Male 

06-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Dog rescue holidays!

As some of you know from other forums I'm a volunteer at a shelter down in Andalusia, Spain. There's a distinct lack of help from locals unfortunately so I had what I consider to be a pretty good idea of inviting kind, dog loving folks down to this rural paradise to help out in exchange for a super-duper (dooper?!) and very cheap holiday.

All we ask is for a wee bit of help in the afternoons to get dogs accustomed to human affection, maybe little walks etc and the mornings are free to enjoy the sierra (some groups do yoga, training etc in our dojo, others go walking/kayaking, biking, others just take it easy and visit surrounding villages: we're here to sort you out with exactly the pastimes you want). The evenings are spent in our village enjoying the local ambience; zero stress and quality foods, wine etc.

http://wellbeinginandalusia.wordpress.com

My blog gives an idea of the beauty of the place, so check it out and tell me what you think. I reckon it's a cool way to get help for our rescue centre with the added bonus of people getting to experience this fairly hidden part of Spain (no rowdy Brit drunkenness here ) for virtually nothing. Lots of cool dogs, too....gotta get myself a Mastín, they're such a wonderful breed

My initial idea was for folks suffering with the northern European weather to come out and help and get a bit of sun, but we've got helpers from as far afield as Down Under! Incredible
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2014, 08:09 PM
What a brilliant idea
Gorgeous looking dogs and Vincente is so cute Fab photos,will save all the reading for bedtime,looking forward to it Place looks really amazing
Faustino Mac
New Member!
Male 

07-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
What a brilliant idea
Gorgeous looking dogs and Vincente is so cute Fab photos,will save all the reading for bedtime,looking forward to it Place looks really amazing
Cheers! Yep, like my latest post says we were bringing folk out here for general well-being breaks...and then we got the idea of bringing doggie peeps out to help and offering everything as cheaply as possible. I'm also getting to meet lots of nice people who make my life much better...so it's not just the dogs who are benefitting
Faustino Mac
New Member!
Male 

07-06-2014, 08:15 PM
A few pics from today's shift to get y'all acquainted with our lads and lasses

http://wellbeinginandalusia.wordpres...-of-our-peeps/
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Wishing the doglets all the best in their new home...so cute
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Ken, what a great idea and really 'thinking outside the box' if you'll excuse that American imported word

Could I suggest you post on one or more of the UK Motorhome and Caravan forums because a lot of those people go down to Spain, some even live in them from Autumn to Spring and only return to UK in Summer.

A surprisingly large number are also dog owners so I would imagine they might like to help out while they are in Spain.

Do you have room for a few caravans and motorhomes around where you live

There's 'Out & About Live' and 'Motorhome Fun' and 'Motorhome Facts' a few years ago they were free but the last two are only free for a couple of weeks, but that's long enought o get you rmessage across.
Faustino Mac
New Member!
Male 

08-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi Losos,

Awesome suggestions, I'll get that done as soon as I get a break in my day. Thanks!!

I'm very open to any other ideas to get some help down here, so any additional suggestions will be welcomed
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Great idea, I know many of my friends would love to do something like that
Faustino Mac
New Member!
Male 

09-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Great idea, I know many of my friends would love to do something like that
That's great to hear!

I set up this FB page yesterday and hope to get new posts and pix up at every possible opportunity

Basically, it's Dog Rescue Holidays on FB. I can't link to it for some reason?

Thanks again
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I found you and liked you
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >