View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-04-2005, 11:10 AM
lol thanx every1... i have loads of more pics ill try to get them up soon..also can u post videos in this forum?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Awww what a cutie
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Gorgeous wee dog you have there, lovely markings I love black with either a half white face or even better a white head, gorgeous.

Laura
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-04-2005, 01:55 PM
thanx every1 loves his marking they seem 2be very rare...
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Simba is lovely and I love his markings
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi Abbas

Simba looks like a very cute pup!

I was wondering, did you report the breeders who you got him from to the police? Because they mislead you to believe he was a staff and because they are breeding pits which are illegal here? It's just to stop them doing the same to someone else.

Post more pics, Simba looks fab!
Work on his aggression or you may end up having to give him up after all - get in touch with your vet to recommend a behaviourist.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Did they tell you he was a Staff or an AmStaff? There is a big difference and there are a lot of people breeding pits and passing them off as AmStaffs if they told you the dog was an AmStaff then technically it should be down to you & the research you do (not a dig here). Personally I would not call the police (just a personal thing - afterall the dogs are the ones that suffer if they are treating them right why hand them a death sentence?) and I dont know if they would do much anyway (have you seen the amount of websites openly advertising illegal breeds?).

I think a lot of that is just down to doing your research before buying. Hopefully a lesson learned for anybody considering buying a dog. Great pup though, I bet your more than happy with him an amazing breed.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Abbas said they told him he was a "staff".

I still think they should be reported, even if an anonymous tip off - there is a big difference because these are not just 'pet dogs' you are reporting - they are dogs being bred from, knowingly at that. Hopefully, the autorities can intervene and neuter then re-home the dogs that are being used... at least they wont be milled any more or be irresponsibly sold.

Without getting into the politics of abts and as much as I love all dogs - those particular dogs are ending up in the wrong homes - inexperienced ones. No offence to Abbas, but he's not experienced with the breed and already some of the negative outcomes of this have started to manifest - aggression (which is the one thing this breed really could do without).
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Hi Abbas

Simba looks like a very cute pup!

I was wondering, did you report the breeders who you got him from to the police? Because they mislead you to believe he was a staff and because they are breeding pits which are illegal here? It's just to stop them doing the same to someone else.

Post more pics, Simba looks fab!
Work on his aggression or you may end up having to give him up after all - get in touch with your vet to recommend a behaviourist.
No i didnt report them i was told he was a staff when he was younger well it was difficlut to tell but now that he is 6months old you can tell he is infact a APBT and i agree with laura i dont see a point in reporting them i have told all the people i can not to buy dogs of the breeder as he lied to me and caused me alot of worries but he treats his dogs well from what i can tell and i dont want them to be put down beacuse i was "conned". He seems to have a typical APBT temprement excellent and loving towards people, im sure he would make the worst graud dog in the world but he cant be off his lead around other dogs at, i have a large back yard it is about 150foot long i give him is run around there and when he is in "public" he is always on a lead. He's so far a amazing pup so full of energy,friendly and a goof! i will try my best to raise him to be nice i believe he deserve's a chance i dont seem him to be any differnt from anyother dog ive met staffs and rotties which are more "vicious" than he can ever be. He has been registered with the vet as a staff but i wont take him again unless i really have to as now u can tell he is not a staff lol..are AM staffs legal here? in the USA some people have them dual registered as APBT's also but ive been told they can no longer be considered to be the same breed as they have been bred sperate for to long.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 03:39 PM
I guess we should just agree to disagree here, at the end of the day it is always the dogs that suffer. I dont think those in power would really take it too seriously in all honesty, like I said look how much it goes on nobody cares.

Also, it annoys me just as much as it is breeders like this who are ruining the breed (it's breeders - I use that term very loosley - like this who sell dogs to idiots who inevitably make the headlines) the best thing to do is to name and shame and hope nobody ends up in the same situation (oh and also educate people about doing more research before buying).

But back to the subject great pics Abbas, yeah it is not often you see a dog with those markings I seen one in pictures from one of Reids shows last year it was a massive big black dog with a white head, really stunning very similar to how I expect your dog to look.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >