What book
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
LS,everything comes in 3's
Hope Cary's and Michael are ok(( hugs))
Yeah,unfortunately the dog was not a pretty sight,he was big.Reckon he must have been thrown up in the air and landed close to the kerb,going by the look of his head injuries
Right,need to make a start
Thanks Eileen - hopefully if they come in threes I won't get another call from the school!

Oh no, that poor dog.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome you gave Patsy on the introductions thread. I do hope she will become a regular and it will be fun finding out what breed dog she will choose and whether it will be a puppy or a rescue. Thanks once again all.

Bev. I do hope by now that you have managed to get Lily up and to the vets, poor dog and poor you too with the worry of it all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I have booked Lily in vets for 10 past 10. I will try and force her to get up and try and walk to the car. The vets will help get her out the other end.
They said if I can't get her in the car a vet can come out this afternoon, but I honestly don't want to leave her in this pain till this afternoon. I don't know honestly what the vet can do as she cannot tolerate any pain relief except Tramadol which I have her on anyway. She has a severe allergic reaction to all others.
I am in bits here, just hope something can be done.

Pat my daughter wouldn't get back here till later today and I can't leave Lily like this that long.

Sorry had no idea what the distance was - but thinking more now of once Lily is (hopefully) sorted out if you need a dog sitter for her for a few days so you can leave her without worrying.

Gawd you feel so HELPLESS when you read about other people's problems and so useless offering just sympathy. I do feel so sorry for you. It's obviously one problem I'll never have with midget Bella - her weighing just 4kg or so.

And I do remember one time trying to lift my GSD and how difficult it was (and I was a spring chicken then) because, just like with humans, if they are unconscious or unable to assist you - they are a dead weight which seems far far heavier than if they are a bit mobile.

When the crisis is over - maybe think about getting some sort of simple board ramp knocked up out of wood to use to get over the high step to the door - could come in handy for all sorts of jobs in future.

My neighbour in Larnaca (chap in his 70s) made himself a great little device for moving heavy stuff. It was a simple square of strong board with just 4 bog standard castor wheels under it in the corners and a hole drilled in one end with a stout rope through it to pull it along and another bit of wood screwed to it at the other end to stop stuff sliding off it. I used it to move all my heavy stuff from one flat to another this year - specially handy for the huge potted yucca that weighs a ton. Was about as big as the base of a cooker or fridge and easy to store. He said it only cost him a few euros to make.

Perhaps your sons could sort out some simple stuff like this for you in the future. I will be checking back to see how it went. I hope she isn't in pain.

Now I think I will try to catch up with some others while Martin is in bed (on the phone to Monny and that ain't going well AT ALL)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Hope you managed to get Lily to the car somehow, and they have found out what on earth it is thats wrong with her.
Pat, sorry things are no better between them, things seemed OK when they were on hols with you, must be really bad if she still isn't over here after his op, trouble is you can only say and do so much, they are adults now and we have to leave them to it, and follow them round picking up the pieces later on
Need to get out with girlies now. Youngest son rang me last night to say he'd been away on a course and was going to ring this morning around 10.30 for a catch up. I can't hang about much longer really, I expect work has got in the way as if he has been off on a course there'll be stuff gone on in his absence.
Eileen, I was making a joke.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Morning Lorraine good luck with the changing around of the bedroom.
Morning June raining here too now. The answers have come satisfactory. I was never keen on the idea of having access over a driveway but the houses and bungalows with their own driveways weren't what we were looking for. I suppose that's called compromise.
I have a mental picture in my head of the girlies putting their heads together to confuse you over the order of brekkie.
Morning Linda sorry to hear Michael is still in pain. That house sounds like a head and heart decision.
I hope Carys is ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Pat what a shame about Mart and Monny I hope things can be sorted.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:10 AM
TW now I get it!! Bit slow in the mornings...and afternoons and evenings
I'm guessing tomorrow there'll be someone in to paint the bedroom ceiling!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2013, 10:11 AM
'morning Lynn and everyone

Just managed to get a quick look in this morning, have had a building survey report arrive, 25 pages of text and 28 photographs with 19 recommendations, one of which is major and I wasn't expecting. Might have to pull out

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Lynn she can't get up for me to drag her anywhere. She must be busting for a wee but can't get up to go to the toilet, she is now not even lifting her head slightly.
Bev, I'm really thinking of you now, it looks very much like the situation with our Baruska except that in our case when OH phoned he said he could NOt come out as he was the only person there and all the other vets were on holiday. Please try to ensure she has water which she can reach lying down and get more pain killers into her if you can.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Michael is having his last anti biotics today but his tooth is still hurting him, although perhaps not as much? I'll have to watch carefully.

He trod in something disgusting in the school grounds yesterday and even after cleaning, his shoes stink . I think it might be fox poo - any suggestions of how to get rid of the smell?
Hope Michael is helped by the ABs soon. Re the fox poo - tomato ketchup is always recommended for getting the smell off of DOGS. Maybe it would work on his shoes too?
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »