Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Oooooh I bet you can't wait Bev.
The new washing machine is going to be very busy Sunday as are you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Nice one BEV
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 03:08 PM
That does sound awkward MALKA The curtains slightly open with foot resting on stool sounds good though
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Yaay - so pleased for you Bev!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi all.

Helena, hope Zena is OK.

Poor Dad was completely stoned, the ketamine has knocked him silly. So we didn't stay long. I got a call from his doctor earlier. She is concerned cause he's been on oxygen for over 24 hours at the highest level and he's not improving. She said not to go anywhere this weekend, he may not survive I've been round the family and told them so fingers crossed they will get their arses up to the hospital.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 03:41 PM
The vet has just phoned me and the results have just come in from Flash's full faecal analysis. Totally clear of anything which is great news. It was a large sample so plenty to test and Giardia was the main focus. Really relieved so it hopefully looks as though his insides have just taken a little longer to recover after two bouts of the Haemorrhagic Gastroenteritis. He seems fine now. If he does get any upset tummies in the next 4 weeks I'm to give him the Codeine and Antepsin and hopefully not more abs as he's been on them for 19 days out of the last 30.

Malka - it sounds as though as strip wash is the only answer
Bev - How exciting awaiting the arrival of your lovely new washing machine (good choice) which no doubt will get lots and lots of use of the coming days. As your daughter isn't working is there no way she could come and spend a couple of days with you to help you move house when the time comes?
Helena - I'm hoping that as I type this you and Zena are both in the land of nod getting over the traumas of this morning. Is her foot bandaged .... I assume so?
June - What snake bit you .... an adder?

I have just this second witnessed Rucksack chewing up a huge bumble bee that had landed on our carpet ...... my god he's a stupid dog
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Lorraine - so sorry to hear your latest news. (((hugs))) xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear this news Lorriane.

Good news about Flash's results jenny and what a silly boy Rucksack is.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Just settled Zena into her bed by 2 pm after some chicken, and climbed in myself (no, not in hers!) to watch tv and she nodded off. I had thought to leave a large note on the big terrace gates, telling any delivery men NOT to ring the bell cos my dog was recovering from an op. Next minute, all hell breaks lose cos a delivery man dared to slide open the big bolt on said gates to leave parcel safely by the front door You can't keep a good guard dog down ya know Back to sleep she went, then she got up and zonked on the rug by my bed, and the way she slept, with all her teeth showing as she laid on her side, tongue sticking out, and hardly breathing (so much better than the state she'd come home in with that breathing and panting though), it reminded me of the day I had said goodbye to Georgie Anyway, she slept.

She's now had more chicken, she's staggering about a bit, settled her next to puter, next minute, she's off like a bluddy rocket right up to the top cos she spotted the neighbour's cat Jeeesus Christ!!! The bandage has now slipped making that leg look twice as long, but I daren't take it off, not this early cos they told me Sunday.

Lynn, can I ask please, when they did Dillon's dew claw did they cut it right the way back along the skin line or did they pull it out literally? I ask, because that's what she told me they've done, cut it right back along the quick and it might or might not grow back. Same question goes to you please Bev, your starter for ten lol! They didn't quarterise it either which I find odd, she said they don't do that now cos it doesn't work, they just stiptip it and bandage it I remember having Cassie's dew claw done and although they cut it right back they quarterised it and it didn't need a bandage that way.

Jenny, oh great news that you had a chance to have that good chat with the vet. This is what my new vet tells me, once you've Panacured, it's gone (if it was giardia). I'm also glad he says there's a lot of it about atm, because that confirms my own suspiscions like I told you over the phone. Let's hope Flash never gets any return of these horrific episodes ever again. Naughty boy Rucksack eating a bee

Bev, glad you've ordered your new washing machine, now you're sorted, just a shame you've gotta cart it all with you, maybe keep all that packages it comes in?

June, Glad you've tried and tested your new rock today, and I do hope it comes up to standard. Blimey, no water without any prior notice, that's not on is it You might have to move out and take a few little essentials down to river rock maybe?

Lorraine, so, so sorry to hear the latest on your dad.xxxx

Pat Yes, about right there!!!

Not happy with Zena's panting still, is this normal, this long after the aneasthetic Maybe she didn't do herself any favours shooting up the top like that

Dave's coming home early tonight, so I'd better get cracking on some dinner for him.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Lore commiseration. I have just heard from my sister, my B.i.L is failing fast and they have stepped up the morphine they think he will not be long now. It's a horrible feeling knowing that someone you have known all your life is leaving this life very shortly. I hope your dad is not in any pain. Seems my nephew is not coming back from Canada as he says there is nothing he can do, which I suppose is true. Stay strong lass.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »