Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning Pat.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Lynn.

The lovebirds are installed in the flat next door and I just released Bella into there (to keep them company) lol!

She's back already (I left my door open but closed theirs) so she obviously made Jen get out of bed almost instantly so she could come back to me!

Bella doesn't really understand or settle with this multiple flat occupancy stuff. She tries to take a toy with her every time we go into another flat - even just to open a window. Poor soul probably thinking 'oh no we're moving again' lol!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:23 AM
And good morning to everyone else too now! I just wanted to drop a note to Helena after reading her first post.

Will catch up later. After I've seen what taxi-ing might be required for the ever-so-slightly-younger people. It's too darned hot still for me to want to do much gadding about.

And I've decided trying to plan to do some stuff at some times and other stuff at other times and shelve the boring adminny stuff or the grinding routine stuff while you do 'fun things' just doesn't WORK. Best really to keep on with the usual routine of life and just fit the fun stuff in as and when you can.

Any day I plan as an EASY DAY or a day without work - goes haywire. Any time I decide I'm not doing any work online for a few days I end up regretting that I let it pile up coz summat else crops up and I then have the backlog to sort out as well!

My main task for the day is to sit down and set out chronologically for the owner of the 'Moneth flat' exactly what has happened since she was over here (when Moneth vanished for a week so she wouldn't have to see her!) and what the current situation is. But I think I will leave out much of the DRAMA coz it's not much fun being 2.5K miles away and hearing bad or worrying news!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

So many people have worries this morning but I do hope that they all sort themselves out.

Lynn - Another disturbed night What would happen if you just ignored Dillon's huffing and puffing Obviously you and Gorden would still be woken up but if Dillon knew that you weren't going to go down to him maybe he'd stop doing it. Obviously if he was desperate for a toilet break I'm quite sure he'd get through to you I hope you get a nap today.
Helena - I'm thinking of you and Zena today 'cos I know you'll be on edge the whole time she's in. ((hugs)) and keep an eye on here to get an update later.
Malka - I hope you too get a nap to catch up on lack of sleep and that your headache goes for good.
Norma - Hope you have a good day
Bev - I don't like the sound of your chest pains There is probably no point in me saying have a quieter day ..... 'cos I know you don't/can't do quiet. Take care.
Nippy - I hope you stay well today and rev yourself up for your guests ............. you'll have a great time.

I'm off to get the results (if they are in) from the vet for Flash's faecal analysis testing but also to chat to him about the possibility of Giardia and that the treatment he was given (by his young colleague) won't have killed the Giardia if that is what he's had/got?? My brother is coming down at lunch time until tomorrow and my OH goes off to Silverstone after lunch to compete in a couple of races tomorrow.
See you all later.

***** Hi Pat - you snuck in. Will catch up later with you. ****
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Good Morning everyone, waiting for Tesco to deliver an order between 10 and 11 and then I must get off to the hospital for my blood and urine tests.

Helena, I am sure zena's op will go ok. hope everone else will be ok too. Lore hugs for you too. Have a good day all, God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning Norma, Malka, Pat, Bev, Jen, Jenny and anyone else who creeps in whilst I'm typing this.

Oh PAT, you cracked me up there with that story of yours, it's just the sort of thing I would have done!!!! Thanks for (trying) to put my mind at rest here though.

Thanks all for putting my mind at rest, but you can't help getting jittery about these things can you. Bev, this is the first big claw on the inside, but hopefully, it'll just be as simple as Lily and Dillon's was.

Set off on our walk and it was dry and almost sunny, got half way up the woodland track and the heavens opened Aww gaaawd I thought, wet dog going to the vets So we stood under some trees, stayed dry for a while until all those leaves were wet and dripping on us. It didn't seem to be stopping, so I decided to leg it home, and I put my fleece around Zena to keep her dry. As I ran past this woman getting out of her car with her dog, I said "don't worry, I'm not mad, but we've got the vets early this morning and I want to keep her dry lol" She laughed her socks off at me, so I said that it doesn't matter that I'm getting soaked in a short sleeved t-shirt though Got home and it stopped of course, but then it was too late.

I'm killing time now cos only an hour to go, I know I'll be a nervous wreck and won't be listening to anything that vet nurse says when we do the initial consult for the op.

She's taking her first ride in my bimmer, I've put the seats down cos although it's an estate, I don't want to cram her in the tiny back bit and I won't be taking any passengers so she can have all the back.

Sally made me laugh about Zena's antics yesterday dropping that ball 4 times down the steep bank and watching me climb out on my hands and knees only to throw it back down there again She said Zena must have thought I needed a few brushing up training lessons, and if she had offered me some treats as I got out, then I should get worried!!!!

Very dark outside, there's lots more to come.

Jen, glad you're feeling better today so that you can get on with all these baking orders

Jenny, good luck with those test results, I can't wait to hear the results either, and in a way, it would be good if they could diagnose that giardia wouldn't it.

Bev, sorry you're feeling rough again today ((((hugs))))

Zena is now suitably zonked out at my feet, nice and c-a-l-m, so not missing breakfast yet, but that'll all change soon

Pat, I'm going to take your advice and sit here and worry myself to death and ring a few friends whilst I'm waiting for the vet's call. Oh the relief you feel when you get that phone call that they've come round ok hey?! I remember it well, let's hope I feel it again this morning, otherwise, I just don't know what I'll do.

Catch you all later and many thanks again for all the support and good vibes.xxx

ETA: Morning Moyra, you snuck in whilst I was typing, and thanks!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Lynn and all

We are back from our travels! I haven't read the whole thread as I have a vet appointment with Pip at 10am and I haven't dried my hair yet!

I don't know why Zena is going in H but can sympathise because Pip is booked in to have his anal glands removed and he will be the same as Zena. I am so worried about it. I will be thinking of you, hope she is home asap. x

Will be back later!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning again Pat will you need to do the taxi thing today for the young lovebirds ? Maybe Bella decided to leave as she felt like a gooseberry.
Morning jenny if we ignored him he would bark.
Good luck with Flash's tests.
Morning Moyra good luck with your tests.
Morning Gerri welcome back. Good luck to Pip and (((hugs))) for you while worrying.
Morning again Helena That made me laugh you putting your fleece on Zena.

Gorden has taken Dillon for his walk this morning and a right little monkey he was while Gorden was trying to get his collar and harness on. When he comes back he will fly in the door looking for me and if I am sitting down he will be on my lap in two seconds flat so I shall make sure I am on my feet.
That's Dillon by the way not Gorden.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 08:45 AM
LYNN perhaps you could train Gorden to do the lap leaping trick? Never too late to introduce a bit of excitement into the partnership lol!

Jenny - I forgot about Flash and the further tests. Gawd so many people with worrying stuff here at the mo. Can I just say I WISH ALL OF YOU WELL!

Loved up people do not require ferrying. They are going to walk in the blistering heat. Nutters. But they've got their cozzies on too so can divert into the sea if they overheat.

I am thinking I might just go take a wander round a nice big AIR CONDITIONED store! Debenhams is coming to mind. I always find summat in there to waste money on. Usually totally unsuitable for any occasion clothing.

Jen did breakfast for us all out on the verandah. Poached eggs on toast followed by Carte d'Or ice cream with coffee liquor on it. Her bf said it's a first for him. He won't be 'skinny' much longer with her sorting the food out!

Bella left them so quickly because they hurt her bad leg /foot / hip / groin or whatever it is that is hurting her since last night.

She squealed out on verandah when doing nothing much and then SCREAMED when she jumped up on the sofa (you have to keep in mind what a total wimp and coward she is when assessing problems with her).

We thought she might have either been stung by something (but there's nowt but a few pretty praying mantis and cicadas outside lately and they don't sting) or, more likely, that in her absolutely manic nutcase job performance up and down the tiled hallway when she saw Phil (for the first time in her life but she's man mad) she might have 'pulled a muscle' I mean you have to see her to believe it when she decides to do a bit of loony running. Almost overtakes herself, becomes a blur of scampering feet on tile. Mini greyhound on speed about sums it up!

Anyway I am not overly bothered right now because she is managing to walk without any limp (took her out at 8 and did about half our not so hot walk) and also jump up onto the daybed and the sofa without squealing. So am hoping it is just a pulled or sore muscle or similar.

I did however notice when examining her that, although vet trimmed all four feet just before boarding, the back paw with the withered straight nail now has longer nails on it than the other 3. To me this says that, although she is not limping visibly, she is not putting as much weight on that foot? And she has been washing it a bit more than usual.

Might drag her in to get that checked at some stage but not panicking.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2013, 08:52 AM
'morning Lynn, Helena, and all above

Lynn, hope your headache and your day improves

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I can't risk infection in that nail, and I can't see her in pain, so best take it out or whatever he plans to do with it.
Sorry I missed your earlier posts about this H, was traveling down from Derby yesterday. Will be thinking of you and the delightful Zena today and will definitely log in tonight to make sure all is well.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »