Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Kent County Fair Companion Shows

Kent County Fair is being held at The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood over three days (Sat. 2nd, Sun. 3rd, Mon. 4th May). On each day, we are running a Companion Show, the proceeds of which will go to The Siberian Husky Welfare Association (UK) towards the rehoming of unwanted Siberian Huskies here in the UK.

Details of the show(s) can be accessed at http://www.shwauk.org.uk/Kent%20Companion%20Show.htm

Please put the dates in your diary and come along to support us.

Mick
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for that. I'll make a note. My girls would love to go to a dog show. Will try to make it and bring along a couple of my Chi babes. Is it anywhere near Herne Bay, as the In-laws live there. Could kill two birds with one stone, if it is
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
You can also sponsor a class if you would like to please pm me
Terry and Mick
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Just to remind everyone that these shows are coming up next weekend. There is a different show on each of the three days with rosettes up to 5th place in all classes and trophies for the show winners and runners up.
Here's hoping for good weather.

It's in a good cause as all proceeds will go to the Siberian Husky Welfare Association (UK) and will cover the costs of neutering, vaccinations and other vet treatment etc on the dogs we take in and rehome. This will mean a better future for dogs like Lily, who came in to us last year:

and little Alfie, a 9 week old puppy who came into us last week (pictured with our West Country Co-ordinator, Heather Nicholls):

Mick
Suejaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping to pop along tomorrow at some point.
9 week old pup already in rescue?? That shocking.. I won't ask any questions but don't doubt you'll find a loving forever home for it very soon if not already..
Keep up the good work
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Just recovering from a really exhausting but worthwhile weekend at Kent County Show.
We had a huge layout at the show with 3 large and two small gazebos plus a marquee for the Dog Show:

Huge Thanks and Big Hugs to everyone who came down to help and support - especially Stuart, Gemma, Jo & Jenny, Jane & Mark and family, Jayson, Tom, Jo and Joe, Andy, Sue, Ronnie, Lauren and anyone else I have forgotten (apologies - put it down to exhaustion!!)

Enormous Thanks and more big hugs to Anita and Nigel Holliday (Lionslord Leonbergers/Lionslord Pet Nutrition) and Pete and Nicky Shakeshaft (Esquimaux Siberian Huskies) for judging for us over the weekend. Thanks also to Gemma and Charlie for judging the odd class here and there. Nigel and Anita also donated 9 sacks of dog food and 6 boxes of treats to the show.

Photos of the winners are now up on our main website - http://www.shwauk.org.uk/Kent%20Companion%20Show.htm

Many thanks to anyone who attended and helped us raise much-needed funds.

We also had the pleasure of meeting SHWA(UK)'s latest intake - little Enya, who arrived with Jo on Saturday night.

Enya was estimated at 6 months old (we think she isn't much more than 3 months and weighs no more than 10 week old Alfie). She was rescued by the police from a traveller encampment where she was being cruelly ill-treated, and delivered to Jo just before she left for Kent. When she arrived at the showground, she was really timid, was very wary of men in particular and was showing signs of fear aggression towards other dogs. 48 hours later, what a turnround - she is a really sweet, loving little girl, quite comfortable with our pack. We are taking her off to the vet for vaccination and a health check in an hour or two, so hopefully no major surprises to come there.

Mick & Terry