Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2009, 10:08 PM

dogs and skunks

hey all , i was wondering if anyone has a remidy for a dog who smells like a skunk, one of mine did last summer and i used HEAD and SHOULDERS,regualar formula..it worked great,just one app...i was blown away..well 2 treatments, my wife said she could still smell it!!!!.do you have an antidote...tommatoe does not work ,old myth......so they say....what say you????
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I say........thank goodness we dont have skunks here, fox poo is bad enough

Good luck finding an antedote
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
oh..... no skunks...well that great!!!we got foxes have not encountered that ...yet...........phil
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 06:01 AM
My rellies in Canada always use either canned tomatoes or ketchup for skunk,and reccomended it for fox poo it def works for fox poo, I may be left with a dog with a pink stain,but that has to be better than the stench of fox poo I have also heard(never tried it yet) that canned coke also works as the acid conent is similar to that of tomatoes.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Any mild natural shampoo...with a few drops of tea tree oil and a few drops of lavender oil...should get away most stinks!
Plus tea tree and lavender are both natural antiseptic's to which is great for getting rid of anything nasty that may be on the dogs coat.
They both smell great and are totally natural!
Hope this helps