Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by colliemagic View Post
We all start out with one dog but somehow we end up with more!! We have 4 dogs, 1 flatcoated retriever, 2 border collies and 1 border collie x springer.
We started with one too.................it's gets infectious Or we're just plain loopy. Wouldn't mind but we have a housefull of cats, rabbit, guinneapigs, chickens, things in tanks.............when does it stop
LurcherLuver
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:29 PM
I have my own 2
Chloe 3 yr old Lurcher
Brodie 1 year old lurcher

at the moment i also have
George a 14 week old lurcher
and Dougal an 8 week old whippet

Ive had more than my own two for over 7 months now, and am not looking forward to going back to two when the others go, but financially i cant take on anymore dogs at the moment or i would definately have more...folk round here already think i am the weirdo dog lassie lol
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
I have 4 Basenjis

Fiji (mother)
Rufus, Kia, Chico (children of above)

I am also "Chief Kennel maid/dog walker" to my daughter two basenjis

Jengo (Fiji's brother)
Arrow (Fiji's daughter)
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It`s probably more that those of us with loadsadogs don`t get out much (apart from dog walking) so spend a lot of time on the PC!
rofl omg thats probably soooo true.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I've always had 2 together and had planned to have 2 together this time as well. Clearly life was too simple with just the two. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a sob story so the other 3 came along one after the other. They came from homes either unable or unwilling to cope with them. It's been a bit lively here at times as a result but hey nothing we couldn't deal with. I wouldn't change a thing.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I had Selkie on her own, but then my work commitments changed, so I rescued Jackjack to keep her company, then Selkie got some advertising auditions and I wanted to be able to travel with her, but Jackjack hated people and trains and the hustle of the set, so I talked to the dogwarden and fostered baby Pharaoh and his sister Bizkit to keep Jackjack company at home.

Of course I couldn't give up Pharaoh, Biz went first to my friend, then when her circumstances changed she went to live with my Mum. When Jackjack had to be put to sleep and Selkie got old and frail, a third dog seemed like the obvious and perfect solution. So along came Kismet...

So now I have three... Three just seems to be the perfect number. No one gets left behind alone.

Selkie 13 yr old Samoyed
Pharaoh 10 yr old Lurcher
Kismet 1 yr old Huskamute.

Happy families
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
I've got 2 Boxers

Max, who is 3
Murphy, nearly 2

I'd love to have more dogs, but my silly old full time job gets in the way!!

Don't think I'd get another puppy again, but would rather rehome/take on a young dog instead
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I had Selkie on her own, but then my work commitments changed, so I rescued Jackjack to keep her company, then Selkie got some advertising auditions and I wanted to be able to travel with her, but Jackjack hated people and trains and the hustle of the set, so I talked to the dogwarden and fostered baby Pharaoh and his sister Bizkit to keep Jackjack company at home.

Of course I couldn't give up Pharaoh, Biz went first to my friend, then when her circumstances changed she went to live with my Mum. When Jackjack had to be put to sleep and Selkie got old and frail, a third dog seemed like the obvious and perfect solution. So along came Kismet...

So now I have three... Three just seems to be the perfect number. No one gets left behind alone.

Selkie 13 yr old Samoyed
Pharaoh 10 yr old Lurcher
Kismet 1 yr old Huskamute.

Happy families
Fab pic. Your dogs are lovely and look very happy
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I've got 2 Boxers

Max, who is 3
Murphy, nearly 2

I'd love to have more dogs, but my silly old full time job gets in the way!!

Don't think I'd get another puppy again, but would rather rehome/take on a young dog instead
lol, yeah i can imagine that the job gets in the way. Least they have each other for company when your out. Thats what i want for my puppy ' eventually '
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
We have 1 mutt, Maggie......she definitely has collie in her and maybe lab/springer or even GSP (after seeing pictures in another thread she does have very similar markings).
Would love to have another but have to wait until I can afford it!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >